Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Skullcandy Ink'd 2 - Headphones question.

Tip us?

ViolentR
Old
(Last edited by ViolentR; 24th May 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Skullcandy Ink'd 2 - Headphones question.

Hi, I've been using my Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headphones that I got for a while now but over the past month`ish I've noticed people saying they can't hear me properly etc, so I tested the mic out with a sound recorder to see if it picked up any sound and what I noticed was that instead of picking up sound from my headphones mic it was picking it up from my phone instead, I'm not sure if I had this issue a little later after buying this phone or if it just recently happened.

My question is should these headphones and the mic on it technically work on my phone? (Galaxy S4 mini i9195)

I tried these samsung headphones that I received (doubt they're original), the mic works but seems a little low, and the sound quality is so poor compared to what I'm used to with skull candy ones).

Should I just buy it again and try it out? If mic doesn't work then return? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-I...lcandy+ink%27d

Or are there any good quality but not too expensive headphones a with mic, that has similar sound quality like the Skullcandy Ink'd 2 that anyone could recommend?

Thanks for your time guys!

blake2893
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have the same earphones ink 2 and the micro works very well, I compared the audio from the earphones mic, and the phone (s4 mini) mic and both are the same, maybe its your earphones mic. They have guarante for 1 year with skullcandy maybe they could change yours.
Sent from my... Oo wait: Who Cares¡

ViolentR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2893 View Post
I have the same earphones ink 2 and the micro works very well, I compared the audio from the earphones mic, and the phone (s4 mini) mic and both are the same, maybe its your earphones mic. They have guarante for 1 year with skullcandy maybe they could change yours.
Thank you very much for this reply.

I've had the headphones for about 3 years now so I guess the mic could have just become faulty haha. I'll order another pair .

Also which ROM are you on? Stock(TouchWiz) or Cyanogenmod(11?)
If you don't mind answering^

Thanks.

blake2893
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentR View Post

Also which ROM are you on? Stock(TouchWiz) or Cyanogenmod(11?)

Thanks.
I'm on stock rooted, 4.2.2
Sent from my... Oo wait: Who Cares¡
The Following User Says Thank You to blake2893 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViolentR
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Quote:
I'm on stock rooted, 4.2.2

The headphones came yesterday, working all fine for me, even on Carbon ROM 4.4 Kitkat.