Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] how to control 16 LED lights individually with android phone

OP Quantum2

27th May 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Working on a little project and I'm trying to figure out how to control 16 LED lights individually with android phone[has to be wired]. I've searched for 3 days and can't find anything on it. if some one can please give me a lead at least on how to do this i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you :3
27th May 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

296 posts
Apex controller for aquariums, it's not cheap. Might also want to look at rapid led, or reef radiance, they might have something that will work for you.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
thanks but
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFINITIONOFREAL

Apex controller for aquariums, it's not cheap. Might also want to look at rapid led, or reef radiance, they might have something that will work for you.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

thanks but i'm not trying to do it wirelessly. it has to be wired. and simple. like having a board with 16 led and using tasker (android app) to control them separately.I'm also not trying to use bright or high powered leds just simple .5v leds

Thanks though
27th May 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #4  
Salzburg / Austria

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum2

thanks but i'm not trying to do it wirelessly. it has to be wired. and simple. like having a board with 16 led and using tasker (android app) to control them separately.I'm also not trying to use bright or high powered leds just simple .5v leds

Thanks though

How skilled are you with DYI electronics? I think a setup using an arduino board could do the trick. Something like:

makezine.com/projects/make-36-boards/android-arduino-led-strip-lights/
28th May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catk

How skilled are you with DYI electronics? I think a setup using an arduino board could do the trick. Something like:

makezine.com/projects/make-36-boards/android-arduino-led-strip-lights/

I'm pretty skilled with electronics. I'm not trying to control all the led in a whole but seperatelt. I haven't used arduino before but it shouldn't take long to learn.

Thanks ill have to check it out. Been meaning to get one any way
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread