FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] LG D160 root

16th April 2014, 11:03 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi guys. I just got LG D160. I have emulated sd card issues with my mobile so I want to root it. Does anyone know to do it? Thanks.
 
 
16th April 2014, 01:17 PM |#2  
Root it with software like one click root or kingo root or any other software. Thats the easy way to root. Or download the root file of ur android version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th April 2014, 05:15 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I cant find root files because phone is brand new and I am not sure if One click root or kingo root will work because my phone has KitKat 4.4.2 android version. So,what is safest thing to do?
16th May 2014, 10:55 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
LG L40 D160 root
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnivitez

I cant find root files because phone is brand new and I am not sure if One click root or kingo root will work because my phone has KitKat 4.4.2 android version. So,what is safest thing to do?

See this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732311
Works perfect (simple step by step guide)

I used it to root my LG D160 L40 phone with success (and used the SDFix app to get write access to my external SD card)
19th May 2014, 07:28 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_wkc

See this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2732311
Works perfect (simple step by step guide)
I used it to root my LG D160 L40 phone with success (and used the SDFix app to get write access to my external SD card)

Yes but when I format my sd card to ext2 and try to copy update zip It says write-protection. What now?
19th May 2014, 08:25 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 80
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnivitez

Hi guys. I just got LG D160. I have emulated sd card issues with my mobile so I want to root it. Does anyone know to do it? Thanks.

See my universal guide to rooting any android device manually HERE :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't forget to press thanks if I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to N'ayam Amarsh'e For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 09:57 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N'ayam Amarsh'e

See my universal guide to rooting any android device manually HERE :http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2684210

Don't forget to press thanks if I helped

Hallo, i just rooted my lg 40 but you need ext4 partition for the zip file ( i used mint linux from dvd to format and write )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes