Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How difficult is it to add WiFi calling to other klte S5s

OP numbR7

28th May 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
via lactea
Thanks Meter: 73

172 posts
I like the WiFi calling feature. Right now with service FUBAR in my area for what they say is a couple of weeks I actually need it. Could it be as simple as transferring a few apks like the phone, etc... or is it more complex than that. Forgive my ignorance in advance I just switched to T Mobile to get custom recovery back but I am running into all sorts of weird stuff I haven't seen before. I guess it's 4.4 related or even bugs in the S5 rollout.

I have a rooted SM-G900T with custom recovery to address the reply below. I want to be able to have wifi calling on any klte device Firmware based ROM-- namely the SM-G900F Firmware based ROMs.

Thanks a lot for any help at all....
Last edited by numbR7; 28th May 2014 at 06:38 PM.
28th May 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbR7

I like the WiFi calling feature. Right now with service FUBAR in my area for what they say is a couple of weeks I actually need it. Could it be as simple as transferring a few apks like the phone, etc... or is it more complex than that. Forgive my ignorance in advance I just switched to T Mobile to get custom recovery back but I am running into all sorts of weird stuff I haven't seen before. I guess it's 4.4 related or even bugs in the S5 rollout.

You offer very little info, such as the type of phone, are you rooted ,what rom you are using, etc,etc.
28th May 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 43

245 posts
Quote:

I have a rooted SM-G900T with custom recovery to address the reply below. I want to be able to have wifi calling on any klte device Firmware based ROM-- namely the SM-G900F Firmware based ROMs.

You need either:
1. Native T-Moble phone with wi-fi calling standard like SM-G900T.
2. If you're rooted w/ non-stock ROM (but still has to be T-Mobile phone), the ROM you're using needs to be based off stock Tmo firmware and have the correct code in it to work.

You will not get wi-fi calling on non-Tmo phone or non-Tmo firmware (like int'l firmware runnng on Tmo phone).
Last edited by jawmail; 28th May 2014 at 07:58 PM. Reason: minor correction
The Following User Says Thank You to jawmail For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
via lactea

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawmail

You need either:
1. Native T-Moble phone with wi-fi calling standard like SM-G900T.
2. If you're rooted w/ non-stock ROM (but still has to be T-Mobile phone), the ROM you're using needs to be based off stock Tmo firmware and have the correct code in it to work.

You will not get wi-fi calling on non-Tmo phone or non-Tmo firmware (like int'l firmware runnng on Tmo phone).

What is the code?
28th May 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #5  

163 posts
More
Quote:

What is the code?

Don't know what you mean, code,but there is no "code ".
28th May 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 43

245 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grncherry

Don't know what you mean, code,but there is no "code ".

Sorry for being vague, I meant computer code (programming language) for the Wifi calling to work. This will only work on native Tmo phones.
28th May 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
via lactea

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawmail

Sorry for being vague, I meant computer code (programming language) for the Wifi calling to work. This will only work on native Tmo phones.

So, it's built into TMo's Firmware overlay? Since all these models are identical it stands to reason that firmware could be altered and/or apks added to make it work. The "code" might be applied or incorporated. Might. Unless it's proprietary. After all the SM-G900T hardware is identical to a SM-G900F.
28th May 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #8  

163 posts
More
Quote:

So, it's built into TMo's Firmware overlay? Since all these models are identical it stands to reason that firmware could be altered and/or apks added to make it work. The "code" might be applied or incorporated. Might. Unless it's proprietary. After all the SM-G900T hardware is identical to a SM-G900F.

There you go,you got it,it's proprietary.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread