Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] problems encountered with carbon rom 4.4.2

OP samsphone

28th May 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
my kernel version is 3.0.31(build 11). I found that a kernel version 3.0.101 is avalilable with build 12. how can i update? secondly my fm is not working. pls HELP
28th May 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,514

7,683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsphone

my kernel version is 3.0.31(build 11). I found that a kernel version 3.0.101 is avalilable with build 12. how can i update? secondly my fm is not working. pls HELP

Download and install build 12. But maybe some versions have problems, I did not use that ROM. You can read its thread, and see comments. Maybe if you want just kernel, you can download version 12, get boot.img from its ZIP and install it with Universal kernel flasher.

What is FM? Radio? CM based ROMs does not have FM radio, you need to install Spirit FM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

Download and install build 12. But maybe some versions have problems, I did not use that ROM. You can read its thread, and see comments. Maybe if you want just kernel, you can download version 12, get boot.img from its ZIP and install it with Universal kernel flasher.

What is FM? Radio? CM based ROMs does not have FM radio, you need to install Spirit FM.

i have tried spirit fm. its not working. its saying FM not found. also i cannot add home screens.
28th May 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,514

7,683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsphone

i have tried spirit fm. its not working. its saying FM not found. also i cannot add home screens.

You must setup Spitit FM, there is no other way to have FM radio on any CM based ROM.

Settings:

For home screens, you must have some icon or widget on every screen. So put some on the one you have, and add icon. Transfer icon to left or right - and you will get it. Or simply install NOVA or APEX launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread