Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't create custom Recovery backup

Tip us?

a22shady
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can't create custom Recovery backup

I am trying to create a back-up copy of my current Stock Rooted Rom so that in the event when I switch I have something to go back to. But I have been trying to create a backup with clockword and twrp and both at the same point once the phone reboots gives an error and I have to choose reboot, or install new ( goes to Recovery screen) and fails to create the backup.

I have root access, Have Busybox/Superuser installed.

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by a22shady View Post
I am trying to create a back-up copy of my current Stock Rooted Rom so that in the event when I switch I have something to go back to. But I have been trying to create a backup with clockword and twrp and both at the same point once the phone reboots gives an error and I have to choose reboot, or install new ( goes to Recovery screen) and fails to create the backup.

I have root access, Have Busybox/Superuser installed.
What's your base build?

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

a22shady
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
What's your base build?

VRUEMK2
Android 4.3
Build JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
VRUEMK2
Android 4.3
Build JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
You can't use twrp or CWM. ...The only recovery that works on s4 with base build older than mdk is Safestrap. You need to read some stickies and guides in this forum before you brick your phone

a22shady
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
You can't use twrp or CWM. ...The only recovery that works on s4 with base build older than mdk is Safestrap. You need to read some stickies and guides in this forum before you brick your phone

Thanks for info, I was under the impression that safe strap wasn't for my build. I read through the information with that and it stated it was for other builds. Very possible I miss read it.
The Following User Says Thank You to a22shady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 785
Quote:
Thanks for info, I was under the impression that safe strap wasn't for my build. I read through the information with that and it stated it was for other builds. Very possible I miss read it.
3.71 is for mk2

The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a22shady
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks again for the heads up with safestrap. After re reading and taking some time I got it finally figured out. You save me a headache. Currently installing Safestrap and creating my Nand Backup. and will than work on installing Hyperdrive to extra slot. This was much more confusing than playing with Roms and rooting with my thunderbolt lol