App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Can't create custom Recovery backup

28th May 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
I am trying to create a back-up copy of my current Stock Rooted Rom so that in the event when I switch I have something to go back to. But I have been trying to create a backup with clockword and twrp and both at the same point once the phone reboots gives an error and I have to choose reboot, or install new ( goes to Recovery screen) and fails to create the backup.

I have root access, Have Busybox/Superuser installed.
28th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 814

2,395 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a22shady

I am trying to create a back-up copy of my current Stock Rooted Rom so that in the event when I switch I have something to go back to. But I have been trying to create a backup with clockword and twrp and both at the same point once the phone reboots gives an error and I have to choose reboot, or install new ( goes to Recovery screen) and fails to create the backup.

I have root access, Have Busybox/Superuser installed.

What's your base build?

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom
28th May 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

What's your base build?

VRUEMK2
Android 4.3
Build JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2
28th May 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur

2,395 posts
Quote:

VRUEMK2
Android 4.3
Build JSS15J.I545VRUEMK2

You can't use twrp or CWM. ...The only recovery that works on s4 with base build older than mdk is Safestrap. You need to read some stickies and guides in this forum before you brick your phone

28th May 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

You can't use twrp or CWM. ...The only recovery that works on s4 with base build older than mdk is Safestrap. You need to read some stickies and guides in this forum before you brick your phone

Thanks for info, I was under the impression that safe strap wasn't for my build. I read through the information with that and it stated it was for other builds. Very possible I miss read it.
The Following User Says Thank You to a22shady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Decatur

2,395 posts
Quote:

Thanks for info, I was under the impression that safe strap wasn't for my build. I read through the information with that and it stated it was for other builds. Very possible I miss read it.

3.71 is for mk2

The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Thanks again for the heads up with safestrap. After re reading and taking some time I got it finally figured out. You save me a headache. Currently installing Safestrap and creating my Nand Backup. and will than work on installing Hyperdrive to extra slot. This was much more confusing than playing with Roms and rooting with my thunderbolt lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread