Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why Does the Call Log Screen Pop Up At Random?

Tip us?

peaster3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Default [Q] Why Does the Call Log Screen Pop Up At Random?

I'm not sure if I have some setting on that I am not aware of, but my call log screen will randomly pop up when I am viewing a page, app, or anything else on the phone. Is anyone else seeing this or know the cause? Thanks.
Phone: Galaxy S5
ROM: Dynamic Kat
Launcher: TW

Tablet - Nexus 7 (2013) -Installed In-Dash in my F-One-Fiddy
ROM - Stock (Rooted)

Dark_Vortex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I haven't seen this yet. Doesn't mean that I won't at some point, but right now my call log hasn't popped up without me wanting it to.

johnkirchner
Old
Thanks Meter 14
My Samsung G Nexus did this all the time. I have not had this issue on my S5 though. Not sure if running a call filter/rejection app could cause this, I had one on my Nexus and then I noticed the log screen come up all the time when I had the app installed. I figured it was the app causing it.

peaster3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkirchner View Post
My Samsung G Nexus did this all the time. I have not had this issue on my S5 though. Not sure if running a call filter/rejection app could cause this, I had one on my Nexus and then I noticed the log screen come up all the time when I had the app installed. I figured it was the app causing it.
Interesting...I have the built-in call blocking setting activated. I'll disable it and see if that makes a difference.
Phone: Galaxy S5
ROM: Dynamic Kat
Launcher: TW

Tablet - Nexus 7 (2013) -Installed In-Dash in my F-One-Fiddy
ROM - Stock (Rooted)

peaster3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3 View Post
Interesting...I have the built-in call blocking setting activated. I'll disable it and see if that makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkirchner View Post
I tried this, but it did not resolve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

_Allan_
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Location: U[niverse]:\\Milky_Way\Sol\Terra\North American\Canada\Toronto\Scarborough.city
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3 View Post
I tried this, but it did not resolve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.
I read in another thread that it could be GG or G2N pinging your phone for new stuff.

42 Cellphones since 1998. 20 Smart phones since 2007. Most were bought, and the previous one sold to offset the costs.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Allan_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rickem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone log

I am experiencing this issue also and I have read it is with my Neo 2 and my S5. Has anyone got a fix it is really annoying?