Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Why Does the Call Log Screen Pop Up At Random?

OP peaster3

21st April 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #1  
peaster3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Texas
Thanks Meter: 47
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I'm not sure if I have some setting on that I am not aware of, but my call log screen will randomly pop up when I am viewing a page, app, or anything else on the phone. Is anyone else seeing this or know the cause? Thanks.
21st April 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I haven't seen this yet. Doesn't mean that I won't at some point, but right now my call log hasn't popped up without me wanting it to.
21st April 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #3  
johnkirchner's Avatar
Member
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 15
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
My Samsung G Nexus did this all the time. I have not had this issue on my S5 though. Not sure if running a call filter/rejection app could cause this, I had one on my Nexus and then I noticed the log screen come up all the time when I had the app installed. I figured it was the app causing it.
21st April 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #4  
peaster3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Texas
Thanks Meter: 47
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkirchner

My Samsung G Nexus did this all the time. I have not had this issue on my S5 though. Not sure if running a call filter/rejection app could cause this, I had one on my Nexus and then I noticed the log screen come up all the time when I had the app installed. I figured it was the app causing it.

Interesting...I have the built-in call blocking setting activated. I'll disable it and see if that makes a difference.
22nd April 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #5  
peaster3's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Texas
Thanks Meter: 47
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3

Interesting...I have the built-in call blocking setting activated. I'll disable it and see if that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkirchner

My Samsung G Nexus did this all the time. I have not had this issue on my S5 though. Not sure if running a call filter/rejection app could cause this, I had one on my Nexus and then I noticed the log screen come up all the time when I had the app installed. I figured it was the app causing it.

I tried this, but it did not resolve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.
27th April 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag U[niverse]:\\Milky_Way\Sol\Terra\North American\Canada\Toronto\Scarborough.city
Thanks Meter: 5
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaster3

I tried this, but it did not resolve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

I read in another thread that it could be GG or G2N pinging your phone for new stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Allan_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Phone log
I am experiencing this issue also and I have read it is with my Neo 2 and my S5. Has anyone got a fix it is really annoying?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes