Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easy installation of faux123 kernel

Tip us?
 
mazzy89
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Easy installation of faux123 kernel

Hello. I'd like to install Faux123 kernel in my moto G but I don't have clear how I should install it . I have found the app on the play store Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro. Should I have to install it to get work it properly?
 
ItzzAce
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 88
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy89 View Post
Hello. I'd like to install Faux123 kernel in my moto G but I don't have clear how I should install it . I have found the app on the play store Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro. Should I have to install it to get work it properly?
You dont need the app to use the kernel, but you need to have an unlocked bootloader, a custom recovery (maybe also a rooted phone).
 
mazzy89
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzzAce View Post
You dont need the app to use the kernel, but you need to have an unlocked bootloader, a custom recovery (maybe also a rooted phone).
Ok I understood how to install correctly faux123 kernel. but what should I do if I want to come back to the original kernel?
 
rajibie
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 121
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SABANG, WEST BENGAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy89 View Post
Ok I understood how to install correctly faux123 kernel. but what should I do if I want to come back to the original kernel?
Before installing faux kernel do a nandroid backup in recovery. If you're unsatisfied with faux kernel then restore your backup.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rajibie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mazzy89
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibie View Post
Before installing faux kernel do a nandroid backup in recovery. If you're unsatisfied with faux kernel then restore your backup.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Thank you very much
 
Fede37
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 110
Join Date: Sep 2013
If you want the stock xt1032 kernel send me a pm and I'll send you a link

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Fede37 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
3RAN7ON
Old
#7  
3RAN7ON's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 61
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajibie View Post
Before installing faux kernel do a nandroid backup in recovery. If you're unsatisfied with faux kernel then restore your backup.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
do you loose data when installing a custom kernel? what are the advantages of this kernel? I am enjoying the stock rom and want to stick with it, but don't know what I'm missing if I switch the kernel to Faux123. Already UL and rooted
 
giant22000
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 251
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON View Post
do you loose data when installing a custom kernel? what are the advantages of this kernel? I am enjoying the stock rom and want to stick with it, but don't know what I'm missing if I switch the kernel to Faux123. Already UL and rooted
No, you will not loose your data when flashing a new kernel.

Long story short, the advantages are a much more effecient and optimised kernel that will allow for better performance, battery life or a balance between the two depending on what your after and how you setup the kernel... Read, read and when you think you've read enough, read somemore!
Phone
Nexus 5 (32GB White)
ROM - Purity ROM
KERNEL - Faux123 Kernel

Tablet
LG G Pad 8.3 V500
ROM - Latest CM 11 Nightly

Previous Phones - Oldest to Newest
Motorola Droid Pro
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Rezound
Galaxy Nexus - VZW
Galaxy Nexus - From Google Play Store
Nexus 4 - From Google Play Store
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919)


Previous Tablets
Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM - CM10.2 Latest Nightly
It died!
 
3RAN7ON
Old
#9  
3RAN7ON's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 61
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant22000 View Post
No, you will not loose your data when flashing a new kernel.

Long story short, the advantages are a much more effecient and optimised kernel that will allow for better performance, battery life or a balance between the two depending on what your after and how you setup the kernel... Read, read and when you think you've read enough, read somemore!
Thank you for your reply,
I did read up on this kernel but the info I found wasn't for this device and I didn't know there was anything specific to the Moto G.
 
giant22000
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 251
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON View Post
Thank you for your reply,
I did read up on this kernel but the info I found wasn't for this device and I didn't know there was anything specific to the Moto G.
Yup sure is, check out his Google+ page and there is plenty of good info there specific to the Moto G.
Phone
Nexus 5 (32GB White)
ROM - Purity ROM
KERNEL - Faux123 Kernel

Tablet
LG G Pad 8.3 V500
ROM - Latest CM 11 Nightly

Previous Phones - Oldest to Newest
Motorola Droid Pro
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Rezound
Galaxy Nexus - VZW
Galaxy Nexus - From Google Play Store
Nexus 4 - From Google Play Store
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-M919)


Previous Tablets
Nexus 7 (2012)
ROM - CM10.2 Latest Nightly
It died!

The Following User Says Thank You to giant22000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes