Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot update prl after activating service with Straight Talk

Tip us?

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Yes MIN is the same as MSID. You needed to program the numbers through a CDMA flashing program to get rid of the HFA nag. Now that you've programmed them through the phone...I'm not too sure how you're going to deal with the HFA. Yes, you disabled it, but you also disabled the ability to update the profile which is what you need to do for your data to work...
The Following User Says Thank You to ecs87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sherryluv5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Success!

Success!! Here's what I did...Found an old Sprint prl file and copied it to sd card. Flashed Digiblur Rom which includes ability to write a prl file in settings. Used root explorer to go in and rename Sprint Update apk so that it would temporarily deactivate. Updated prl to the one on sd card through Digirom. Went back in and "reactivated" Sprint update apk. This activated the HFA immediately and promptly updated the profile and prl to the correct one for sprint (since straight talk BYOP uses those) and voila.. voice, mms and internet are now working perfectly. The issue seemed to be that HFA was changing MSL to 0000006503. Simply correcting it was not enough. I had to roll back the prl to make it update correctly. It updated it back to the 2010 that it was before and updated the profile as well. I like Digiblur Rom but decided to go with Paranoid Android rom instead. I'm loving it. May try a 4.4 next. I'm running Kit Kat on my Nexus Tab and I like it. Until this fiasco, I hadn't rooted my Note 2. Forgot how much fun roms can be. Used to play with them all the time on my HTC Evo. See screenshot of my success; unfortunately showing 3g in screenshot. LTE is spotty in my area so at times I'm reduced to 3g inside my home but I'm on wifi at home anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-05 05.57.07.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2614038  

BuzzERKINdff
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherryluv5 View Post
Success!! Here's what I did...Found an old Sprint prl file and copied it to sd card. Flashed Digiblur Rom which includes ability to write a prl file in settings. Used root explorer to go in and rename Sprint Update apk so that it would temporarily deactivate. Updated prl to the one on sd card through Digirom. Went back in and "reactivated" Sprint update apk. This activated the HFA immediately and promptly updated the profile and prl to the correct one for sprint (since straight talk BYOP uses those) and voila.. voice, mms and internet are now working perfectly. The issue seemed to be that HFA was changing MSL to 0000006503. Simply correcting it was not enough. I had to roll back the prl to make it update correctly. It updated it back to the 2010 that it was before and updated the profile as well. I like Digiblur Rom but decided to go with Paranoid Android rom instead. I'm loving it. May try a 4.4 next. I'm running Kit Kat on my Nexus Tab and I like it. Until this fiasco, I hadn't rooted my Note 2. Forgot how much fun roms can be. Used to play with them all the time on my HTC Evo. See screenshot of my success; unfortunately showing 3g in screenshot. LTE is spotty in my area so at times I'm reduced to 3g inside my home but I'm on wifi at home anyway.
Having the same problem too. Where did you find the old Sprint PRL file? Thanks
Tags
note ii, prl update, straight talk