Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

s4 i9505 problem with wifi signal

Tip us?

redsocks95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default s4 i9505 problem with wifi signal

i have a problem with my i9505 updated to kitkat 4.4.2: wifi signal is very very low and i can connect only if i am near to my router ( max 4-5 metres) ... if I go little further ( or in other rooms where other phone works perfectly with wifi ), I lost the signal and the phone disconnects. Anybody could help me ? it could be something such as broken wifi antenna?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Dial *#1234# and attach what appears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

redsocks95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
here is it:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-28-19-48-09[2].png
Views:	34
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	2767900  

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsocks95 View Post
here is it:
Firmware seems ok and you have wifi how I see. It isnt normal that ur phone haven't wifi and other phones yes. Wifi antenna can be broken or maybe is about config of the router.

redsocks95
Old
(Last edited by redsocks95; 28th May 2014 at 09:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
problem is that I have 2 bars of signal even though i am a few feet from the router...

NetaA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Firmware seems ok and you have wifi how I see. It isnt normal that ur phone haven't wifi and other phones yes. Wifi antenna can be broken or maybe is about config of the router.
I don't think it's a hardware issue if it's only since his update.. to much of a coincidence for my taste.

From what I now, these antennas are very very sensitive. Is your phone using any sort of custom software? (kernel, recovery, ROM etc..)

I did a bit of googling and this issue is somewhat known. Advice there was to factory reset your device.

redsocks95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetaA View Post
I don't think it's a hardware issue if it's only since his update.. to much of a coincidence for my taste.

From what I now, these antennas are very very sensitive. Is your phone using any sort of custom software? (kernel, recovery, ROM etc..)

I did a bit of googling and this issue is somewhat known. Advice there was to factory reset your device.
no , firmware is 100% stock...i've already tried to wipe data/facotory reset and wipe cache and reflash stock firmware with odin

NetaA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsocks95 View Post
no , firmware is 100% stock...i've already tried to wipe data/facotory reset and wipe cache and reflash stock firmware with odin
Maybe try flashing back to 4.3. If the issue resolves, just keep it until an update is published.
If it persists then it probably is a hardware issue, in that case you need to get it fixed.

All the best

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetaA View Post
Maybe try flashing back to 4.3. If the issue resolves, just keep it until an update is published.
If it persists then it probably is a hardware issue, in that case you need to get it fixed.

All the best
It's not possible flash android 4.3 without void the warranty. And ODIN dont let you downgrade either. Unique solution if your phone don't have normal WIFI signal is get it to one service center.