Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kinda Stuck for now

Tip us?

Trozzul
Old
(Last edited by Trozzul; 27th May 2014 at 05:48 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Default Kinda Stuck for now

Hey guys, i just upgraded from our t989 to a moto x and i decided to start testing roms out on the t989 since its not my main phone anymore, i only flashed about two roms and i have already done something wrong, flashed Aokp Milestone first, nothing wrong here enjoyed aokp back in 4.2.2 days. now i have always wanted to use Jedi mind trick but i was worried about the problems with it, so i made a backup of Aokp and Wiped data/wiped cache and flashed darkside wipe then flashed Jedi mind trick and rebooted. it got stuck at the splash screen like the details in the rom said but now when i try to make a backup, wipe data, cache, flash Jedi mind trick, flash darkside wipe it will freeze, i have tried flashing Cyanogenmod 10.2 and still freezes, i decided to just restore to stock but Odin 1.8.5 will not find my Device when it goes into download mode. right now i am trying my aokp Backup it had been going Fine for awhile but it looks like it might have Froze on /storage/sdcard0: mounted. any help please? i dont think i could google this problem.

Edit: now when i boot into cwm it says Can"T open /cache/recovery/last_log twice.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

Trozzul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
plugged it into a different computer and got odin working, could anyone show me the correct way to install Jedi mind trick? also it comes with that kernel so it can be overclocked to 2ghz right?
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
plugged it into a different computer and got odin working, could anyone show me the correct way to install Jedi mind trick? also it comes with that kernel so it can be overclocked to 2ghz right?
Not sure about specific jedi issues, its been inactive a long time.

But for any 4.1.2 touchwiz roms ...personally I flash twrp 2.5.0.0. 2.6.0.0 is probably OK, but any higher can cause issues with 4.1.2.

Also, you should use the infamous wipes. Darkside is outdated. I believe infamous wipes are based on dark side, but they've been updated for jelly bean. Darkside wipes stopped being updated at ICS.

See how that works.

Oh, and for more current 4.1.2 ROMs, @Rushing has a few.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]