Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia T Recovery Mode How To?

Tip us?

GrandMstrBud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Sony Xperia T Recovery Mode How To?

Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying
If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7

GrandMstrBud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime View Post
If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android.
I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?
Registered for what? I don't recall having to register to download Flashtool? If it's installed just open it and use it. You probably have a different program.

GrandMstrBud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Registered for what? I don't recall having to register to download Flashtool? If it's installed just open it and use it. You probably have a different program.
It was from the Sony website, I think called Emma. Found it searching around earlier. Got the one on here downloading, 45 minutes and counting on my 50mb connection

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
It was from the Sony website, I think called Emma. Found it searching around earlier. Got the one on here downloading, 45 minutes and counting on my 50mb connection
Ok, well Emma is not Flashtool. Don't know anything about Emma, so if you're gonna do it with that, then I have no idea and can't help you. But it most likely can be downloaded from the All-in-one thread in the Q&A forums.

GrandMstrBud
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Ok, well Emma is not Flashtool. Don't know anything about Emma, so if you're gonna do it with that, then I have no idea and can't help you. But it most likely can be downloaded from the All-in-one thread in the Q&A forums.
Yes that's the one I have downloading now the one in the Q&A,
Thanks for your help

neosnake991
Old
(Last edited by neosnake991; 30th May 2014 at 12:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, well Emma is not Flashtool. Don't know anything about Emma.
'Open Emma' is Sony's official flashing software for xperia devices. Read up on it it's also what I use when I go back to stock, got a crap netbook set aside for it.

Http://developer.sonymobile.com/flas...peria-devices/

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosnake991 View Post
'Open Emma' is Sony's official flashing software for xperia devices. Read up on it it's also what I use, got a crap netbook set aside for it.

Http://developer.sonymobile.com/flas...peria-devices/

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"
I meant, I've never used it, so I can't comment on how to use it. I know it's Sony's official software; but just because it performs the same functions as Flashtool, does not mean they are the same program.

I've never had interest in it since Flashtool works perfectly fine, and is developed by XDA developers instead of Sony developers.

neosnake991
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
You missed the point of my post, I was given a link for anyone else that wanted to know about it . As for me it's my last chance saloon as I have a unlocked bootloader.