Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 42,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xbmc stream stutters/jerkiness of 720p content

Tip us?

knives of ice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default xbmc stream stutters/jerkiness of 720p content

anyone else have problems streaming 720p content on smoothstreams or something similar?

this only happens on hd content as i get jerky stutter. on other xbmc boxes i have such as the boxee this problem doesn't exist.

anyone else have similar issues? i'd love to use xbmc full time on the ouya but this is a deal breaker for me. i mean a hacked xbmc running off a usb stick on the boxee this doesn't occur in

Alexsandra
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
anyone else have problems streaming 720p content on smoothstreams or something similar?

this only happens on hd content as i get jerky stutter. on other xbmc boxes i have such as the boxee this problem doesn't exist.

anyone else have similar issues? i'd love to use xbmc full time on the ouya but this is a deal breaker for me. i mean a hacked xbmc running off a usb stick on the boxee this doesn't occur in
Ouya has a poor wifi function. If you want to stream HD video,pls plug into cable. I plug my portable hdd into it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
Pad:iPAD2>nOOKcOLOR(sold)

Cellphone: Galaxy Note2>HTC EVO 3D

Laptop:ASUS X18e

Desktop: No

Game Console: mod XBOX360 slim with 320G hard drive. mod chip(Coolrunner) and Wii and PS3

HDTV:Samsung 46"

krimsonXmask
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issues with smooth streams...Also the repository quits working for me..Wish there was a fix.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

PHYSC-1
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post

One option that may help is if you use gpu to render,to do that go into developer options on the ouya and choose Disable HW overlays, your relying on the gpu apposed to software so much for the screen compositing as it puts it.

If developer options aren't enabled yet go to settings about tablet and hang over build number with the mouse pointer and click multiple times until it tells you you are a developer or you now have developer options.Doing that 1st sort of discounts video rendering being the problem and would then point to either a connection problem between the ouya nad the router or an isp providence issue eg.speed is poor or a bad network at that time.

_b_d_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is this on stock or a custom ROM? If it's a custom ROM, you might want to check the CPU clock settings. I'm running CM11 and the CPU governer was set to interactive by default, causing all sorts of jerkiness on video playback. I set it to performance (to keep the CPU running at 1.6GHz constantly) and now I've been able to play 30mbit 1080p videos without problems in Plex.

knives of ice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
yeah, as a said this is only with smooth streams. other playback is fine. the person above has the same problem.

additionally, this problem exists only on the Ouya. doesn't happen on a pc or even the hacked xbmc on boxee boxe's or my intel nuc.

i guess its nuc only for me right now this ouya is worthless with this problem existing.