Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I feel DIRTY

Tip us?

gmoooney
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default I feel DIRTY

I was a Samsung fanboy when my first experience with them was the Galaxy Note... then on to the Note 2...and NO I didnt jump on the Note three...because the Optimus G Pro was available from ATT and OH MY GOD I have loved this phone for the last year.

It's Durable, fast, root-able, beautiful to look at and use and well.. I love it.

But the other day while talking to ATT about my account (and threatening to leave for TMO) they decided to give me an early upgrade (1 yr early!) so I jumped on the S5 to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say its a nice phone, MUCH lighter and thinner and just as fast as my OG Pro...I'm not missing the .4 inches of screen real estate I was expecting to notice, but after a few days I haven't found anything that I dont like about the GS5...

EXCEPT!!!!

Its locked down, no exploit in place and it looks like it might never be rooted.

So I'm torn... the G3 is being announced in like 90 mins... and hopefully available on ATT shortly after...and the G Pro 2 is out...yet not available state side.

So what am I to do? If the G3 wows me like it is probably going to do.. I will beat feet back to the ATT store and return my GS5 and use my OG Pro till the G3 is available for purchase.....

I really do like the dust/water proof-ness of my GS5...I've already dropped it in the dog's water bowl and of course, no issues at all. That's a nice thing to have with a 700 dollar device.

Anywho... I'm hoping the G3 really wows the hell out of me, because I definitely like that 5.5 inc QHD display

lekhwani
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Go for g3.

Previously I thought super amoled were best. But after using and experiencing this g pro for about an year, i feel it's IPS display is far better than super amoled. Yesterday I played for a couple of minutes with s4. I was shocked to know and feel that how much inferior it felt compared to ogp. And also felt the screen size was too small after having g pro for one year. In fact the s4 seemed very inferior to me compared to ogp. So I can easily visualize how inferior s5 might feel compared to g3.

Sent from Tapatalk

vivebatu
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Wait for 64 bit androids coming next year

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

jdk2
Old
Thanks Meter 133
I agree with lekhwani. Wait for the G3.

nicklefloss
Old
(Last edited by nicklefloss; 29th May 2014 at 03:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoooney View Post
I was a Samsung fanboy when my first experience with them was the Galaxy Note... then on to the Note 2...and NO I didnt jump on the Note three...because the Optimus G Pro was available from ATT and OH MY GOD I have loved this phone for the last year.

It's Durable, fast, root-able, beautiful to look at and use and well.. I love it.

But the other day while talking to ATT about my account (and threatening to leave for TMO) they decided to give me an early upgrade (1 yr early!) so I jumped on the S5 to see what all the fuss was about.

I have to say its a nice phone, MUCH lighter and thinner and just as fast as my OG Pro...I'm not missing the .4 inches of screen real estate I was expecting to notice, but after a few days I haven't found anything that I dont like about the GS5...

EXCEPT!!!!

Its locked down, no exploit in place and it looks like it might never be rooted.

So I'm torn... the G3 is being announced in like 90 mins... and hopefully available on ATT shortly after...and the G Pro 2 is out...yet not available state side.

So what am I to do? If the G3 wows me like it is probably going to do.. I will beat feet back to the ATT store and return my GS5 and use my OG Pro till the G3 is available for purchase.....

I really do like the dust/water proof-ness of my GS5...I've already dropped it in the dog's water bowl and of course, no issues at all. That's a nice thing to have with a 700 dollar device.

Anywho... I'm hoping the G3 really wows the hell out of me, because I definitely like that 5.5 inc QHD display
Dude g3 and g2 are so good!
And also the g2 has the best support of any older lg phone, and g3 looks by the fans on g+ is goin to have the same

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone list: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung Moment, Samsung Epic, HTC EVO, HTC EVO 3d, Samsung Epic touch, Samsung Galaxy s iii ---- Don't know what is next.