How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bad radios

OP GrayBoltWolf

7th May 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 2,158

5,054 posts
Donate to Me
More
For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.
7th May 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1,593

1,912 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tin foil antennas?

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
7th May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC

5,054 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000

Tin foil antennas?

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

But seriously, any ideas?
8th May 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

But seriously, any ideas?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've probably done most of what i could suggest, but have you tried returning to stock?
8th May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC

5,054 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixg1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've probably done most of what i could suggest, but have you tried returning to stock?

On the latest RUU right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayBoltWolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

28 posts
More
Quote:

On the latest RUU right now.

Yeah, i'm an idiot, sorry.

If it persists across roms and an intermittent issue, could it be a hardware issue? Did you update the radios and then notice it right away?
16th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Quote:

For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.

Any luck with this? I can relate. I'm running the latest radio (1.13.41.0109_2) and have terrible reception issues as well. I've tried returning to stock, re-flashing, etc. and nothing seems to work - no LTE, and a weak signal at best most of the time. If I shut the phone off for a few minutes and restart I'll get an LTE signal for about 20 minutes then it reverts back to 3G. I can send receive texts, but call quality and data is terrible.

I'm currently running CM11 and I'm S-Off, Unlocked. HBoot 1.56.0000; Radio 1.13.41.0109_2
29th May 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC

5,054 posts
Donate to Me
More
Update on this:

I went to a store and got a free SIM card 3 days ago. Wow, what a difference. Problem completely eradicated.
I've sent at least 50 texts so far and every single one sends within 1-2 seconds.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread