Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bad radios

Tip us?

RolloWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,135

DONATE TO ME
Default Bad radios

For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,466

DONATE TO ME
Tin foil antennas?

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

RolloWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000 View Post
Tin foil antennas?

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

But seriously, any ideas?

nixg1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf View Post

But seriously, any ideas?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've probably done most of what i could suggest, but have you tried returning to stock?

RolloWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixg1 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've probably done most of what i could suggest, but have you tried returning to stock?
On the latest RUU right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to RolloWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nixg1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
On the latest RUU right now.
Yeah, i'm an idiot, sorry.

If it persists across roms and an intermittent issue, could it be a hardware issue? Did you update the radios and then notice it right away?

dkh1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
For a couple of months now I have had issues with my radios. From text messages not sending, to wi-fi cutting in and out. Usually turning airplane mode on, then off fixes it. But I need a permanent solution. I updated to the latest available RUU and stayed stock to test things out. I did a factory reset in hboot. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Before I send it off to HTC again for repair, does anyone have any ideas? I am sure that my radio are screwed deep in the system. My phone was the first M7VZW to ever run a custom ROM, and FlyHalf's early test builds were far from perfect. ( don't hear me wrong, he did an amazing job getting CM on this phone and I am forever grateful ) I think that some of those early builds really screwed something up.
Any luck with this? I can relate. I'm running the latest radio (1.13.41.0109_2) and have terrible reception issues as well. I've tried returning to stock, re-flashing, etc. and nothing seems to work - no LTE, and a weak signal at best most of the time. If I shut the phone off for a few minutes and restart I'll get an LTE signal for about 20 minutes then it reverts back to 3G. I can send receive texts, but call quality and data is terrible.

I'm currently running CM11 and I'm S-Off, Unlocked. HBoot 1.56.0000; Radio 1.13.41.0109_2

RolloWolf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,135

DONATE TO ME
Update on this:

I went to a store and got a free SIM card 3 days ago. Wow, what a difference. Problem completely eradicated.
I've sent at least 50 texts so far and every single one sends within 1-2 seconds.