Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Major Z1 C6906 price drop! :)

Tip us?

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 158
so the whole thing was a scam? or did they actually sell some z1s for that price?

CollinFX45
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90 View Post
so the whole thing was a scam? or did they actually sell some z1s for that price?
I've not heard of anyone actually getting one. Also, the eBay auctions that completed do not reflect in their feedback, meaning no one has left feedback for the item possibly suggesting they haven't received it.

My dispute is now a claim. I'm seriously mad about this. I gave them an interest free, as well as implicated my financial/phone situation. Ugh.

-Collin-
The Following User Says Thank You to CollinFX45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinFX45 View Post
I've not heard of anyone actually getting one. Also, the eBay auctions that completed do not reflect in their feedback, meaning no one has left feedback for the item possibly suggesting they haven't received it.

My dispute is now a claim. I'm seriously mad about this. I gave them an interest free, as well as implicated my financial/phone situation. Ugh.

-Collin-
Wow that sucks, hopefully you can get your money back.

Sent from my Xperia Z1

LJE
Old
Thanks Meter 797
Sounds like a scam to me...
I can imagine how many people would of jumped on that deal when they saw it..
Even after they 'realized' they put the wrong price up and changed it to $500+ a few days later did the exact same thing again with a different colored model.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

quailallstar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
@ 11am EST I will be escalating my complaint to PayPal into a claim. Let's see how long it takes for PayPal being involved to recover the money.

On a lighter note - the mint white Z1 I got off Swappa will be here today =) Paid more than the buy.com "scam" price but a lot less than the bull**** price now on buy.com

LG Optimus L70 Black

BlackBerry Z30 LTE STA100-5

Let's connect on LinkedIn | Twitter: @LuvGermanCars

CollinFX45
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
@ 11am EST I will be escalating my complaint to PayPal into a claim. Let's see how long it takes for PayPal being involved to recover the money.

On a lighter note - the mint white Z1 I got off Swappa will be here today =) Paid more than the buy.com "scam" price but a lot less than the bull**** price now on buy.com
Well, I can tell you exactly what you're in for since I'm one day ahead of you in the process. I just got off the phone with PayPal and there is no way we're going to get our money quickly. We have to wait the 10 days for Rakuten to not respond, then it will be decided in our favor automatically. So in 11 days, you'll have your money because Rakuten is too stupid to figure out how to press the "Refund" button in PayPal. I've been harassing them daily and now they don't even respond. So when all is said and done, they will have stolen my money for about three weeks with no repercussion. PayPal assured me they put a $316 hold on the seller's account - gee, I'm sure a multi-national retailer is really going to feel that hit. Not!

Overall, it's really just an inconvenience, but extremely angering. Good luck to you my friend. Maybe a miracle will happen and Rakuten pulls their head out of their a$$ with simply refunding us.

-Collin-

quailallstar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinFX45 View Post
Well, I can tell you exactly what you're in for since I'm one day ahead of you in the process. I just got off the phone with PayPal and there is no way we're going to get our money quickly. We have to wait the 10 days for Rakuten to not respond, then it will be decided in our favor automatically. So in 11 days, you'll have your money because Rakuten is too stupid to figure out how to press the "Refund" button in PayPal. I've been harassing them daily and now they don't even respond. So when all is said and done, they will have stolen my money for about three weeks with no repercussion. PayPal assured me they put a $316 hold on the seller's account - gee, I'm sure a multi-national retailer is really going to feel that hit. Not!

Overall, it's really just an inconvenience, but extremely angering. Good luck to you my friend. Maybe a miracle will happen and Rakuten pulls their head out of their a$$ with simply refunding us.

-Collin-
Well get this.... So I made my claim this morning and just received the following e-mail from PayPal:

Quote:
Hello Michael,

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Seller's Name: Rakuten.com Shopping
Seller's Email: paypalacctng@buy.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 00700748UX1506003

Transaction Date: May 21, 2014
Transaction Amount: -$291.48 USD
Invoice ID: 74570105
Your Transaction ID: 38894087WK241611E
Case Number: PP-003-159-438-497

Buyer's Transaction ID: 38894087WK241611E

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $291.48 USD.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PPID PP639 - 19342bf9e9941
Buy.com is now in my rear view mirror and I'm looking at this white beauty on my desk. Like new and not a scratch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140528_155216.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	2768040  

LG Optimus L70 Black

BlackBerry Z30 LTE STA100-5

Let's connect on LinkedIn | Twitter: @LuvGermanCars

CollinFX45
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailallstar View Post
Well get this.... So I made my claim this morning and just received the following e-mail from PayPal:

Buy.com is now in my rear view mirror and I'm looking at this white beauty on my desk. Like new and not a scratch!
All's well that ends well - I got my refund too. That didn't stop me from filing a complaint with the BBB.

I got my Z2 today as well. Lovely device.

-Collin-