Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Audio Jack Not Working.

Tip us?
 
hack_er4
Old
#1  
hack_er4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Audio Jack Not Working.

Its being 1 month My HTC Droid Dna's Audio jack not working.

Around a month ago I feel that my audio jack flickering on and off.
After that stops working for a while and again starts working properly.
Now its completely dead I think.
Tried removing lint from it but there is nothing.

Googled it and found this link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-H...477850071.html

Just want some help here.
Is it the only solution(replacing above unit with sim tray,audio jack, power flex ) for this?
Or there is another way to handle this (replacing only audio jack if possible).

since it will cost me a lot replacing the whole assembly.

Thanks

All my UCCW skins at one place Deviant Art
 
Jaggar345
Old
#2  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,080
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Amston
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_er4 View Post
Its being 1 month My HTC Droid Dna's Audio jack not working.

Around a month ago I feel that my audio jack flickering on and off.
After that stops working for a while and again starts working properly.
Now its completely dead I think.
Tried removing lint from it but there is nothing.

Googled it and found this link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-H...477850071.html

Just want some help here.
Is it the only solution(replacing above unit with sim tray,audio jack, power flex ) for this?
Or there is another way to handle this (replacing only audio jack if possible).

since it will cost me a lot replacing the whole assembly.

Thanks
Have you tried different headphones. I would say if there isn't anything in it then it probably went dead. Did you make sure the pins inside were making contact?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hack_er4
Old
#3  
hack_er4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
Have you tried different headphones. I would say if there isn't anything in it then it probably went dead. Did you make sure the pins inside were making contact?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the reply.
Already tried many headphones but no luck.
For pins I don't know if they are in contact with jack or not.

If you can help me out, how do i check those it would be great help

Or anything else related to the problem you are welcome my friend

All my UCCW skins at one place Deviant Art
 
Jaggar345
Old
#4  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,080
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Amston
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_er4 View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Already tried many headphones but no luck.
For pins I don't know if they are in contact with jack or not.

If you can help me out, how do i check those it would be great help

Or anything else related to the problem you are welcome my friend
I read on the forum that someone else that was having problems with their headphone jack pulled the pins out a little bit. They stuck an object in and gently bent them out more and they had success. It's worth a try. Don't bend them too far though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hack_er4
Old
#5  
hack_er4's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 145
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Delhi

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggar345 View Post
I read on the forum that someone else that was having problems with their headphone jack pulled the pins out a little bit. They stuck an object in and gently bent them out more and they had success. It's worth a try. Don't bend them too far though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I will definitely try this one out after I reach home...

All my UCCW skins at one place Deviant Art
 
Jaggar345
Old
#6  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 151
Posts: 1,080
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Amston
Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_er4 View Post
I will definitely try this one out after I reach home...
Let me know how it works out. Worse come to worse you replace the part. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. 😃

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
tbone52
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 12
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Federal Way Wa.
I have this problem from time to time. I bought some canned air and spay first to rid moisture and then blow it in the jack and use a wood round toothpick and clean it out. Should work fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more