Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did i just brick my first phone.......?

Tip us?

donlu30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Did i just brick my first phone.......?

was installing ARHD 7.0, which ive done several times and now the phone wont boot after a reboot. i can vol/pwr up to get to the splash screen, but cannot get into fastboot/hboot or back into twrp. any ideas?

donlu30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Belay my Last!

Fortunately I found a post from the M8 thread and was more or less, a timing issue on my part. Thanks to Tikerz for his post/reply

Quote below:

"When you plug it into the computer does the computer make a ding sound that it's connected? If so, then press power and volume up until the disconnect ding sound which indicates it's rebooting and then immediately press volume down and see if you can get into fastboot. The timing is tricky so I've found using audio cues from computer can help if the phone is messed up."

BDogg718
Old
Thanks Meter 1,054
I had to do this also. It will work. I thought for sure I had bricked my M8. But if u hold power and volume up at same time time screen goes black..then let go of power and volume up and hold volume down till u see fastboot. From there u can fastboot flash RUU package. I say that cause I personally found that restoring a backup of re-flashing ROM didnt work..at least for me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831
HTC One M8 Viper 1.6
Samsung Fascinate KK 4.4.2 Dirty Unicorns
Samsung Note II (VZW) Stock
John 3:16
Can't thank these people enough-------> Unjustified Dev --- DerTeufel1980 --- bbrad --- notta --- jt1134 --- pawitp --- koush

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlu30 View Post
was installing ARHD 7.0, which ive done several times and now the phone wont boot after a reboot. i can vol/pwr up to get to the splash screen, but cannot get into fastboot/hboot or back into twrp. any ideas?
A brick refers to a phone that is essentially a .. brick. Won't power on, no charge light, 100% dead.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.