Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] cm11 update to wrong ROM

OP andy4321

26th May 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hi, im loving the droid 4, but the custom ROM etc has beaten me.

i had my droid 4 running the cm11 nightly build; maserati.

while playing with the settings menu, i found 2 available updates. i did the latest.
from reading this forum, i should have done the oldest update 1st, then the newest, but i don't think that's my problem.

i'm pretty sure i didn't update with cyanogenmod, but with the official google update. i was looking through the settings on the phone, it downloaded an update to the phone, rebooted, now it seems safestrap has disappeared and it wont boot up. i can get into recovery., and when charging the battery display comes on when i press a volume button.

what do i do? i have heard not to flash RSD with a previous version, i am a totally lost newb. all help appreciated. i really dont want to brick it. hopefully someone has 5 minutes this holiday. i'm currently using an old iphone with pieces of glass falling from the screen

thanks
andy
29th May 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 2,001

4,873 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4321

hi, im loving the droid 4, but the custom ROM etc has beaten me.

i had my droid 4 running the cm11 nightly build; maserati.

while playing with the settings menu, i found 2 available updates. i did the latest.
from reading this forum, i should have done the oldest update 1st, then the newest, but i don't think that's my problem.

i'm pretty sure i didn't update with cyanogenmod, but with the official google update. i was looking through the settings on the phone, it downloaded an update to the phone, rebooted, now it seems safestrap has disappeared and it wont boot up. i can get into recovery., and when charging the battery display comes on when i press a volume button.

what do i do? i have heard not to flash RSD with a previous version, i am a totally lost newb. all help appreciated. i really dont want to brick it. hopefully someone has 5 minutes this holiday. i'm currently using an old iphone with pieces of glass falling from the screen

thanks
andy

if you were running cm11, you didn't install a offical google update
could try
Power off, Hold M key, Power on, release buttons at
Boot Mode Selection Menu> Scroll down with volume down button, to BP Tools, Select with Volume UP button, should boot directly to SafeStrap. if it's still there.

which bootloader/recovery version 0A.77 ?
if so use a jellybean (Android 4.1.2) xml/Firnwrare from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=11 with rsd lite
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread