Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RAZR Maxx HD Memory in 4.4.2

Tip us?

dimdem
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] RAZR Maxx HD Memory in 4.4.2

I went into developer options after doing the upgrade and in Process Control I'm seeing either (at different times) "Device Memory is Currently Low" or "Device Memory is Currently Critical." I'm completely illiterate about these things, but I assume that this isn't what I want. How bad is it, and what might I do about it?

billycar11
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimdem View Post
I went into developer options after doing the upgrade and in Process Control I'm seeing either (at different times) "Device Memory is Currently Low" or "Device Memory is Currently Critical." I'm completely illiterate about these things, but I assume that this isn't what I want. How bad is it, and what might I do about it?
maybe all your space is being taken up by pictures and videos check by going to settings then go to storage to see what is taking up all the space if it is pictures and videos buy an sd card and move them all to the sd card and set the default place for the camera to save to the sd card.

dimdem
Old
(Last edited by dimdem; 27th May 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11 View Post
maybe all your space is being taken up by pictures and videos check by going to settings then go to storage to see what is taking up all the space if it is pictures and videos buy an sd card and move them all to the sd card and set the default place for the camera to save to the sd card.
Alas, that's not it. I've got an SD card, and internal storage has over 19GB free. Like I said, I'm illiterate, but I don't think that the flash storage where you'd potentially have things like media files has anything to do with available RAM.

billycar11
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimdem View Post
Alas, that's not it. I've got an SD card, and internal storage has over 19GB free.
that's weird 19gb is fine maybe its one of those cloud apps that is almost full not the phone it self take a screenshot of the message to do this power + vol down

coolloser
Old
Thanks Meter 83
It's not referring to storage but to memory/ram. Mine says that sometimes, sometimes it says "Device memory is currently moderate". If you aren't experiencing a device slowdown then don't worry about it. If you are worried about it then perhaps take a look at the app listing on that screen and if there are apps you are not using and don't require until YOU start them then try the Greenify app. or check out this thread: on Reddit
The Following User Says Thank You to coolloser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]