Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Firefox OS applications

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By TheGrave, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm looking to migrate to Firefox OS but there is a whole bunch of apps I need which are not available yet as of my knowledge. I wondered if you could point me in the right direction, here is what I'm looking for:

1) SIP client with G.729 or OPUS support - there must be something somewhere?
2) Garmin GPS application - nothing found and probably will never see any app reading Garmin format cards but I'm already accepting the fact I need to buy some real hardware.
3) SSH and telnet client - nothing found.
4) Ping, nslookup, whois, traceroute - nothing found.
5) What's App - I heard there is a good replacement called Connect2A. Also Telefonica released something which is in Spanish only.
6) Owncloud client
7) XMPP client with SSL/TLS support - LoquiIM seems like a prominent candidate but I don't see anything about encryption support (except OTR in which I'm not interested as there is no offline messaging support).
8) Dictionary, file manager, PDF viewer - I see there are options.
9) IMAP/SMTP client with SSL/TLS - no Thunderbird?!? WTF?!?
10) Music player with FLAC support - nothing found.
11) Microsoft Office viewer - at least XLS and DOC support, PPT would be nice also.
12) AntiVirus - AVG Link Scanner is the closest I found.
13) AntiSpyware - as this is a web-oriented platform I can imagine it's not going to take much time to find a way how to poison the embedded browser.

Maybe for 3) and 4) this is the best hope?

At the moment this Firefox Marketplace looks to me more like a playground for script kiddies trying to get some revenue by poisoning you with apps that throw a bunch of adds on your screen or by stealing private data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread