No registration required

[Q] Keyboard Moving Off Screen

OP artofwinning

28th May 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have the International version of the Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70) and I have encountered an issue with my keyboard when I recently upgraded ROM versions.
I am currently running 4.4.2 on Meticulus's latest BeanStalk build. I have flashed the latest version of Gapps, and I tried flashing Google Keyboard separately and tried other alternative keyboards such as Fleksy and Kii. Yes I flashed Gapps for 4.4. None of these attempt have solved the issue.

Refer to the attached images to see my issue. What is even stranger is that they are not missing the buttons; I can click where the 'L' key is supposed to be to input the letter 'L" as normal. The function is still there, but the overlay is incorrect. This causes me to refer to pictures of the keyboard in order to type. I dealt with it to log into Google and have tried using voice search, but this is not always accurate nor practical as a long-term solution.

I would appreciate any knowledge of how to fix this strange issue. I have had practice flashing separate ROMs onto my device as instructed for a while now, and this is the first time that I have experienced this issue. Also, everything else is scaling correctly; it is just the keyboard that has this issue.

So my actual question is the following:
How can I fix my visibly broken keyboard?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Keyboard.png
Views:	17
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2768102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Keyboard 2.png
Views:	16
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2768103  
28th May 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,981

1,278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artofwinning

I have the International version of the Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70) and I have encountered an issue with my keyboard when I recently upgraded ROM versions.
I am currently running 4.4.2 on Meticulus's latest BeanStalk build. I have flashed the latest version of Gapps, and I tried flashing Google Keyboard separately and tried other alternative keyboards such as Fleksy and Kii. Yes I flashed Gapps for 4.4. None of these attempt have solved the issue.

Refer to the attached images to see my issue. What is even stranger is that they are not missing the buttons; I can click where the 'L' key is supposed to be to input the letter 'L" as normal. The function is still there, but the overlay is incorrect. This causes me to refer to pictures of the keyboard in order to type. I dealt with it to log into Google and have tried using voice search, but this is not always accurate nor practical as a long-term solution.

I would appreciate any knowledge of how to fix this strange issue. I have had practice flashing separate ROMs onto my device as instructed for a while now, and this is the first time that I have experienced this issue. Also, everything else is scaling correctly; it is just the keyboard that has this issue.

So my actual question is the following:
How can I fix my visibly broken keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

Ironically, this indicates that you did not follow the installation instructions...

More precisely, wipe /system before every install.
29th May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I Did Wipe /system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

Ironically, this indicates that you did not follow the installation instructions...

More precisely, wipe /system before every install.

I always wipe /system, /cache, and /dalvik-cache before each installation.
In this particular instance, it did not fix or prevent the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread