Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 52,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from GRYMALA: Scan docs with your phone camera, edit image, recognise text with OCR, convert to PDF with PDF Scanner app

[APP][4.0+] New business scanner app for Android

Tip us?

phvo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYMALA View Post
Hi Philippe,

It is good to hear that Save button actually works as it should. Regarding your comments:

yes, when you press Save button after you have edited image the edited version will be saved and replace the original one. We think about adding a new "filter", which will revert all changes and switch the image to the original picture.

We have thought about that as well, this behaviour will be implemented in one of the next versions

Well, it is a good idea itself, but we thought that one would prefer to correct/modify text in some existing text editor. So, at the current stage of app development, we would prefer to include support for different text editors rather than coding our own. However, we will keep your suggestion in mind.

Can you give a link to the app? We will test

Actually you can open PDF for preview before you send it. Check Options and set "Open PDF" to "On".
Regarding JPG: In the main ("New document") window press on the picture icon, it will open another window where you can preview or edit image again if neccessary

Regards,
Pav
Hello Pavel,

"about adding a new "filter", which will revert all changes and switch the image to the original picture"
==>instead of "cancelling all changes", Why not just offer the possibility to cancelled sellectively the last change in order to choose the best change + a possibility to compare with the original picture in order to decide if the current change is the best chang.

"Well, it is a good idea itself, but we thought that one would prefer to correct/modify text in some existing text editor. So, at the current stage of app development, we would prefer to include support for different text editors rather than coding our own. However, we will keep your suggestion in mind. "
==> the problem is not if I can modify ocr text with embeded or internal editor but to hav possibility to check (with internal or external editor) the result before sharing !

On my device, when the OCR process ends,I have just the choice to share the results with an extrenal app like mail, gmail, MMS or SMS, and so on... So I can't check the results of the OCR process before I "share" it into a third app. In other word, I have to share the results of the OCR process, then correct the result directly into the app I have select to share the result of the OCR process.

"Can you give a link to the app? We will test" ==> memo.apk, a samsung app

best regards

Philippe

GRYMALA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
"about adding a new "filter", which will revert all changes and switch the image to the original picture"
==>instead of "cancelling all changes", Why not just offer the possibility to cancelled sellectively the last change in order to choose the best change + a possibility to compare with the original picture in order to decide if the current change is the best chang.
Not going deep into details, there are some technical limitations to achieve that.

Quote:
"Well, it is a good idea itself, but we thought that one would prefer to correct/modify text in some existing text editor. So, at the current stage of app development, we would prefer to include support for different text editors rather than coding our own. However, we will keep your suggestion in mind. "
==> the problem is not if I can modify ocr text with embeded or internal editor but to hav possibility to check (with internal or external editor) the result before sharing !
Thats true, but all of these apps usually have 'Share text' option, dont they? Our main idea is just to allow the user to use recognised text in other apps, where he/she can edit it and then share.

We are working on a new update already, i'll post a message once it is out

Regards,
Pav

GRYMALA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryanabla View Post
Good job.. Have ga good days
Thank you

phvo
Old
(Last edited by phvo; 22nd May 2014 at 09:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Suggestions for new features for a scan app

I would like to share with you some suggestions:

1) Until the bug isn't solved: when download langage pack, dysplay a short message "wait until the langage pack is really installed"

2) after "ocr " ing a text : the recognised text should be saved "as a note/comment" with the scanned text. Then I could :
-paste the recognised text into other app like office app,
-share quickly with an other app: mail, message, note...

What so you think about these?

best regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

GRYMALA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
1) Until the bug isn't solved: when download langage pack, dysplay a short message "wait until the langage pack is really installed"
I do agree, this should be improved

Quote:
2) after "ocr " ing a text : the recognised text should be saved "as a note/comment" with the scanned text. Then I could :
-paste the recognised text into other app like office app,
-share quickly with an other app: mail, message, note...
I think it makes sense to save recognized text and to associate it with the image.
We are currently working on the update to include some improvements discussed above. There is lots of work, plaease understand that its challenging to add new features immediately. However let me reassure you once again that we always keep suggestions from our users in mind and are constantly working to make the app better

Regards,
Pavel

GRYMALA
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Update to 1.1.12

Hi Guys!

New version is out Whats new:
1) New filter button has been added which allows to revert changes
2) Interface improvements: long click on OCR button to switch language, less ads
3) Minor bug fixes

phvo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello Pavel

I understand that there is a lot of work and I will be patient and wait for new version.

I have an other suggestions :

3) sometimes, ocr-ed text are scaned from news magazine.* But the article presents the text in 1 or 2 or 3 column. I think that it will be a great feature in ocr - ing a text if it was possible to set the number of column corresponding to the scaned article.

4) possibility to recognised text from a pdf.

5) to be able to scan code bar or qr code...

6) add a feature to scan and recognised quickly mail address, mail, phone number., url, ...from visit card, poster, advertising, ...

I really appreciate your attention to my suggestions.

Best regards

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app