Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] gyroscope

OP imnew214

22nd May 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag danville, nh
Thanks Meter: 22

78 posts
More
Been looking all day, and can't find an answer. I've been trying to calibrate my gyroscope through GPS status, and a few other programs. Also tried doing it through *#0*#, and waving the phone in figure eights. It will calibrate just fine, but when I reboot the settings go away. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
Last edited by imnew214; 22nd May 2014 at 12:55 AM.
25th May 2014, 01:00 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 15

196 posts
More
if your gyroscope is that far out of wack that you need to calibrate it, i think you need a new device.
25th May 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag danville, nh

78 posts
More
I honestly don't think I need a new device. When it was stock it worked fine. But I'm on MLG deodex ROM now and that's where the problem started. I even tried nc2 international and dynamic but those all have the same issue for me. My screen rotation works fine. Maybe I meant to say compass not gyro. Not sure if they are one and the same. But when I use a compass app I have to do the figure 8 to calibrate it then if I reboot it resets it back to being all wonky. Any help is greatly appreciated.
27th May 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 643

520 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew214

I honestly don't think I need a new device. When it was stock it worked fine. But I'm on MLG deodex ROM now and that's where the problem started. I even tried nc2 international and dynamic but those all have the same issue for me. My screen rotation works fine. Maybe I meant to say compass not gyro. Not sure if they are one and the same. But when I use a compass app I have to do the figure 8 to calibrate it then if I reboot it resets it back to being all wonky. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mine has never worked correctly from the beginning. It's a note 3 hardware issue. Replacement phone won't help. Here's a screen shot, just to make sure this is what your talking about. In the picture I'm not facing the direction it says.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401224012635.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	2766336  
27th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag danville, nh

78 posts
More
Have you tried calibrating yours at all though? Try the swinging your phone in a figure 8 for a few seconds, then check it. If it works, try a reboot and see if yours sticks or goes wonky again.
28th May 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 643

520 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew214

Have you tried calibrating yours at all though? Try the swinging your phone in a figure 8 for a few seconds, then check it. If it works, try a reboot and see if yours sticks or goes wonky again.

Ya I've tried. Even went in the service menu and got the green line aligned and setup. But just like you, after a reboot is over.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
28th May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag danville, nh

78 posts
More
Well at least I know in not alone. Thanks bud.
29th May 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #8  
Flag Duluth, MN
Thanks Meter: 202

701 posts
More
definitely not alone on this lol. I have done the same things with exactly the same results you describe.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread