Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Why are we not getting 4.2.2 or higher???

OP er.jaldip

26th May 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #11  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 215

881 posts
More
Qualcomm dropped support for msm8225 and this is the main reason why all devs are ignoring this device.. Someone in this thread told that s duos 2 has lower cpu than quattro?? Atleast google it before saying it.. that phone has cortex a9 broadcom processor which is far better than cortex a5.. Quattro has backdated cpu, accept this fact and probably it will never get bug free cm11..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
Last edited by coolkoushik07; 26th May 2014 at 09:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to coolkoushik07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #12  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 498

391 posts
moreover fixing bugs in cm11 will require many hacks and will lack hardware acceleration
msm8225 devices have qualcomm support for drivers upto 4.2.2 so at most if we will get anything it'll be 4.2.2 max!
27th May 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #13  
Flag Kolkata

881 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahir kukreja

moreover fixing bugs in cm11 will require many hacks and will lack hardware acceleration
msm8225 devices have qualcomm support for drivers upto 4.2.2 so at most if we will get anything it'll be 4.2.2 max!

And 4.2.2 is already backdated... And I heard from someone that samsung service centre guy informed that 4.2.2 is already out for testing and will be available within 1 month..

28th May 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #14  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

26 posts
More
here follows the reply what i got from samsung on the software upgrade.

Counselor answer
Dear Mr. Devesh

Thank you for taking out time and sending this email to Samsung.

We can understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a firmware update for your Samsung handset GT-I8552 (Galaxy grand Quattro). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a firmware update for GT-I8552 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us. So kindly stay with us till then.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new firmware release provided it’s connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

From the home screen, select Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update) or select Application> Setting > more> about device > Update (check for update)

You are our valued customer and we appreciate your patience in this regard.

Regards,

Ravindra Agrawal

Technical Support Team

Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

You can Chat Live or find troubleshooting guides on our Website: www.samsung.com/in/support

Disclaimer: All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on www.samsung.com/in only for personal, non-commercial use.
The Following User Says Thank You to devesh9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #15  
Flag Kolkata

881 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devesh9

here follows the reply what i got from samsung on the software upgrade.

Counselor answer
Dear Mr. Devesh

Thank you for taking out time and sending this email to Samsung.

We can understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a firmware update for your Samsung handset GT-I8552 (Galaxy grand Quattro). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a firmware update for GT-I8552 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us. So kindly stay with us till then.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new firmware release provided itís connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

From the home screen, select Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update) or select Application> Setting > more> about device > Update (check for update)

You are our valued customer and we appreciate your patience in this regard.

Regards,

Ravindra Agrawal

Technical Support Team

Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.

You can Chat Live or find troubleshooting guides on our Website: www.samsung.com/in/support

Disclaimer: All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws and are the property of Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on www.samsung.com/in only for personal, non-commercial use.

They just copy paste this text to everyone who ask about software update.. In my case they have copied also someone else name haha..

28th May 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #16  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

26 posts
More
Ridiculous way of misleading samsung customers.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
Location Ridoculos
Quote:
Originally Posted by devesh9

Ridiculous way of misleading samsung customers.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

Very True Mate
29th May 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

245 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahir kukreja

We should be happy even if we get 4.2.2

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55

245 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkoushik07

And 4.2.2 is already backdated... And I heard from someone that samsung service centre guy informed that 4.2.2 is already out for testing and will be available within 1 month..

Let's wait for more One month.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread