Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Gear Root problem

Tip us?

iUseThings
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Galaxy Gear Root problem

my gear is on firmware V700XXUBNC1 i tried rooting it and it just stays on testing #*****
should i downgrade if its possible o0? i dont know what to do now

jrocks213
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by iUseThings View Post
my gear is on firmware V700XXUBNC1 i tried rooting it and it just stays on testing #*****
should i downgrade if its possible o0? i dont know what to do now
I was able to root mines on the same firmware. But I couldn't get the null rom to stick or show up on my watch. I went and factory reset everything. Now I can't get cydia impacter to root it I get error . Don't know what I did wrong now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

bballengphd
Old
Thanks Meter 29
rooting is fine on the new nc1 firmware, just make sure you follow the correct steps in the guide on this forum.

if you want to flash null rom, you will need to downgrade, flash mk7 firmware, root that, then install null rom, the guide is also on this forum. The reason is null rom is based off the previous version to nc1.

if you want to go back to stock, you have to use odin to flash the stock firmware, that is the only way.

iUseThings
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default downgrade gets stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd View Post
rooting is fine on the new nc1 firmware, just make sure you follow the correct steps in the guide on this forum.

if you want to flash null rom, you will need to downgrade, flash mk7 firmware, root that, then install null rom, the guide is also on this forum. The reason is null rom is based off the previous version to nc1.

if you want to go back to stock, you have to use odin to flash the stock firmware, that is the only way.
i tried downgrading and it gets stuck also the instructions are very easy to follow so im pretty sure i did it right