Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy Gear Root problem

OP iUseThings

13th May 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
my gear is on firmware V700XXUBNC1 i tried rooting it and it just stays on testing #*****
should i downgrade if its possible o0? i dont know what to do now
26th May 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 37

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iUseThings

my gear is on firmware V700XXUBNC1 i tried rooting it and it just stays on testing #*****
should i downgrade if its possible o0? i dont know what to do now

I was able to root mines on the same firmware. But I couldn't get the null rom to stick or show up on my watch. I went and factory reset everything. Now I can't get cydia impacter to root it I get error . Don't know what I did wrong now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
26th May 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 29

132 posts
rooting is fine on the new nc1 firmware, just make sure you follow the correct steps in the guide on this forum.

if you want to flash null rom, you will need to downgrade, flash mk7 firmware, root that, then install null rom, the guide is also on this forum. The reason is null rom is based off the previous version to nc1.

if you want to go back to stock, you have to use odin to flash the stock firmware, that is the only way.
29th May 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
downgrade gets stuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballengphd

rooting is fine on the new nc1 firmware, just make sure you follow the correct steps in the guide on this forum.

if you want to flash null rom, you will need to downgrade, flash mk7 firmware, root that, then install null rom, the guide is also on this forum. The reason is null rom is based off the previous version to nc1.

if you want to go back to stock, you have to use odin to flash the stock firmware, that is the only way.

i tried downgrading and it gets stuck also the instructions are very easy to follow so im pretty sure i did it right
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread