Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] urgent! Bricked phone after attempting to install ktoonz

Tip us?
 
DocMartensLutherKing
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
OMG so i hit the power button, home key, and volume down and got to the "custom OS warning" screen!!! It's alive somewhat!! Where do I go from here?!
 
k1mu
Old
#12  
k1mu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,548
Posts: 1,908
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartensLutherKing View Post
OMG so i hit the power button, home key, and volume down and got to the "custom OS warning" screen!!! It's alive somewhat!! Where do I go from here?!
The "Custom" warning is irrelevant. If it boots, you're done.

As usual, if you care about the "Custom" warning, revert to factory stock.

(You can remove that warning using Triangle Away "Periodic system modified reset" or the Wanam security hacks.)
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
 
DocMartensLutherKing
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
The "Custom" warning is irrelevant. If it boots, you're done.

As usual, if you care about the "Custom" warning, revert to factory stock.

(You can remove that warning using Triangle Away "Periodic system modified reset" or the Wanam security hacks.)
so wait, what should i do from the screen? hit volume up to "install custom OS"?
 
DocMartensLutherKing
Old
#14  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
I hit volume key down to reboot and it just goes back to black screen with short vibrations. I'm scared to hit the volume up...
 
Mistertac
Old
#15  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,557
Posts: 3,367
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartensLutherKing View Post
I hit volume key down to reboot and it just goes back to black screen with short vibrations. I'm scared to hit the volume up...
With the phone off hit Volume Down + Power once the download mode screen pops up you'd be hitting Volume Up to continue. Nothing to be scared of. At that point youd need to use Odin. Have you used Odin before?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
DocMartensLutherKing
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
not since i first got the phone a year ago O.o any quick links to refresh my memory on how to use it?
 
Mistertac
Old
#17  
Mistertac's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,557
Posts: 3,367
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield, Ma

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartensLutherKing View Post
not since i first got the phone a year ago O.o any quick links to refresh my memory on how to use it?
OK start here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49334432

There's a lot of great info and more links in that thread

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Here's the MDK Odin file
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41680619

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

And the root method for MDK
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41718523

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes