[Q] T-Mobile Note 3 stuck in a auto-restarting, recovery bootloop

OP JasePK

19th May 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdresor

I never dared to try. But since I always used Windows under Mac (Parallells) or the fact that I used Windows 7 or 8, I tried to flash CWM on a native Windows XP PC today and it worked. So now I have a custom ROM working which I never thought would happen
Sorry I did not try to access recovery before so you would know
Cheers,

No that's alright, I just wanted to know if it was something I should avoid. I'll use Odin to flash the official firmware back on regardless.
21st May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 737

2,641 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had this happen to me, what had occurred was that the efs was corrupt. Here's the fix:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507403

Now to implement this fix, you must first be able to get into download mode. To do so:

1. Pull the battery

2. Wait 10-20 secs

3. Reinsert battery WHILE holding power button and (volume down + home???, whatever the key combination is)

5. Phone will boot directly to download mode, no logo

6. Flash twrp via odin

7. Phone will reboot into bootloop again

8. Repeat steps 1-4 except this time use the key combination for recovery

9. You must now use adb and push the file I linked to earlier

10. Then without rebooting you must flash it

11. Reboot and problem solved
Last edited by icenight89; 28th May 2014 at 02:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to icenight89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

71 posts
Fixed issue with continuous recovery boot
So, this issue was somewhat perplexing, and while the information shared was hopefully valuable to some, it took me about 2 minutes to
fix this and get back into download mode.
Take the battery out of the device, then plug the device into USB (If you're having same issue I was device will not show charging or turn on when plugged in.) Then with the device plugged in to usb and the battery out, hold down the Download mode combination Vulume +, Home and Power, then simultaneously slide in the batter, the phone will boot into download mode and you can get back to stock.

Hope this helped! If it did, leave a thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to twill1987 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 737

2,641 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill1987

So, this issue was somewhat perplexing, and while the information shared was hopefully valuable to some, it took me about 2 minutes to
Take the battery out of the device, then plug the device into USB (If you're having same issue I was device will not show charging or turn on when plugged in.) Then with the device plugged in to usb and the battery out, hold down the Download mode combination Vulume +, Home and Power, then simultaneously slide in the batter, the phone will boot into download mode and you can get back to stock.

This is exactly what I posted above lol
22nd May 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #15  

71 posts
LOL Sorry. When I flash the TWRP file it just rebooted the phone back into the Hyper Drive Rom I'm using, did it do the same for you?
25th May 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thanks to everyone who has provided information and tried to help me! Thankfully, T-Mobile simply sent me a new phone. However, I'm definitely going to keep this topic bookmarked for future reference. This seems to be a rather uncommon problem, considering I had to make a topic to find a solution since all of my searches didn't give me any results.

Thanks again to everyone!
28th May 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #17  
Flag somewhere near the canadian/u.s. borders
Thanks Meter: 43

223 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by twill1987

U r My neww Mirical worker I messed up a Mobile Odin Flash At work today trying to get the newish NE6

couldnt get it to boot into download after the screw up but read this this morning nd after trying everything else it worked perfect

thank you thank you
29th May 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #18  

1 posts
I'm having the same problem with my TMobile Note3 after using Kingo after upgrading via Kies to the latest Firmware. The only difference is my phone immediately starts rebooting as soon as I put the battery back in. It doesn't appear that any keys stop this and the USB isn't recognized by my computer in time before the reboot cycle starts.

Is there anything else to try other than sending the phone back for warranty replacement?

tim
29th May 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #19  

71 posts
Yeah Kingo has given me nothing but trouble, I'd steer clear of that software. I'm assuming you have no access to recovery mode? I have had that issue before on an S3 and was able to finally get it into download mode, but the battery being inserted immediately boots the phone up. So what you have to do is 1. Take battery out and unplug usb cable. 2. Plug USB cable in and Hold download mode buttons with BATTERY OUT (vol+, home and power) 3. insert battery simultaneously while holding buttons down, phone will boot up.. After holding down for about 10 seconds phone will manually reboot, 4. When screen shuts off (potentially vibrates) release download mode buttons, then IMMEDIATELY press and hold download mode buttons again (must perform this step FAST, the key is to do it right before the screen turns on if you can.) 5. The manual boot you've performed should allow you to trigger download mode. I was eventually able to get this to work (about 3 tries. ) I believe your download mode is still intact, you just have to use this method to access it. Remember that because your phone atuo boots with battery inserted download mode will only be available by manual reboot not battery insert.

Give thanks if I assisted you.. Your phone isn't a hard brick so Jtag service should be unnecessary at this juncture.

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Awesome!! Glad I could be of such assistance

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by R187J

U r My neww Mirical worker I messed up a Mobile Odin Flash At work today trying to get the newish NE6

couldnt get it to boot into download after the screw up but read this this morning nd after trying everything else it worked perfect

thank you thank you

Awesome man!! Glad I could be of assistance!!

Give thanks/thumbs up!
Last edited by twill1987; 29th May 2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread