Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 41,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wiimote Support

Tip us?

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Wiimote Support

Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield View Post
Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.
Anybody?

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Rooted B&N Nook HD+ with Succulent's 7/2/14 CM11

Galaxy SIII with Stock, Unrooted 4.4.2

Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

]For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrNz4mD116 View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.
I tried it on my old 4.1.1 tablet and it worked. May not work for the Note 10.1. I don't own one so I couldn't tell you. I would just try and see if it works. If not, I would look around for others

Rooted B&N Nook HD+ with Succulent's 7/2/14 CM11

Galaxy SIII with Stock, Unrooted 4.4.2

Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

]For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
If u can, id recommend getting a cheap ps3 controller off craigslist or somewhere. Mapping controls for higher end Android games and emulators is a breeze.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ionflux
Old
Thanks Meter 8
if you use the said app you must ensure your android version is below 4.2. this is already mentioned in the app description:

Quote:
Incompatibility update: Android 4.2+ is not compatible with this app. The reason for this is that Google changed an essential bluetooth component in this version of Android. We are looking for a solution.
in this case, the note 10.1 2014 is highly unlikely to work since it came preinstalled 4.3