Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wiimote Support

Tip us?

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Wiimote Support

Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield View Post
Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.
Anybody?

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 15
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Sprint Galaxy S3

ROM
PA 4.5 Beta 1 Build 2 w/ART

Kernel
BMS Kernel Build 2014-08-06

History
2012: Kindle Fire(Given Away) /Motorola Droid (Lost) /IdeaTab A2109 (Traded For GT2) /
2013: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE (Bricked) /Razr M (Sold) /Galaxy S3 (Current Phone) /Sero 7 Pro (Broken) /
2014: Nook HD+ (Battery over-heated)

scopefield
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrNz4mD116 View Post
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.
I tried it on my old 4.1.1 tablet and it worked. May not work for the Note 10.1. I don't own one so I couldn't tell you. I would just try and see if it works. If not, I would look around for others

Sprint Galaxy S3

ROM
PA 4.5 Beta 1 Build 2 w/ART

Kernel
BMS Kernel Build 2014-08-06

History
2012: Kindle Fire(Given Away) /Motorola Droid (Lost) /IdeaTab A2109 (Traded For GT2) /
2013: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE (Bricked) /Razr M (Sold) /Galaxy S3 (Current Phone) /Sero 7 Pro (Broken) /
2014: Nook HD+ (Battery over-heated)

moabizzi
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
If u can, id recommend getting a cheap ps3 controller off craigslist or somewhere. Mapping controls for higher end Android games and emulators is a breeze.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ionflux
Old
Thanks Meter 8
if you use the said app you must ensure your android version is below 4.2. this is already mentioned in the app description:

Quote:
Incompatibility update: Android 4.2+ is not compatible with this app. The reason for this is that Google changed an essential bluetooth component in this version of Android. We are looking for a solution.
in this case, the note 10.1 2014 is highly unlikely to work since it came preinstalled 4.3