XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

Wiimote Support

26th May 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

46 posts
Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.
28th May 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield

Have any of you been able to hook up the wiimote to this device and play any games (N64, SNES, etc.)? I can't figure how to get it going.

Anybody?
28th May 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Clearwater

122 posts
More
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrNz4mD116

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...K_SlsQTqq4DwAg

Then use an emulator and individually map each button to each action e.g 1=A 2=B and so on, but this is kind of advanced and I don't remember exactly a how to do it but I did eventually map the wiimote to mimic a NES gamepad and play SMB

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.
28th May 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Clearwater

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopefield

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tried this app? Like most other Wiimote apps, it warns: "This app doesn't work on phones with HTC Sense UI and most newer Samsung phones (Galaxy S included). More info on the website." I'm assuming that the Note 10.1 2014 is one of the "newer" Samsung models.

I tried it on my old 4.1.1 tablet and it worked. May not work for the Note 10.1. I don't own one so I couldn't tell you. I would just try and see if it works. If not, I would look around for others

29th May 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag Marlboro NJ
Thanks Meter: 177

601 posts
Donate to Me
More
If u can, id recommend getting a cheap ps3 controller off craigslist or somewhere. Mapping controls for higher end Android games and emulators is a breeze.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

46 posts
More
if you use the said app you must ensure your android version is below 4.2. this is already mentioned in the app description:

Quote:

Incompatibility update: Android 4.2+ is not compatible with this app. The reason for this is that Google changed an essential bluetooth component in this version of Android. We are looking for a solution.

in this case, the note 10.1 2014 is highly unlikely to work since it came preinstalled 4.3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread