Post Reply

My Droid razr hd

24th May 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I've been wanting to take the ota kit Kat version but scared if I take it I will loose root and my flash to Pageplus with 3g and mms working. have anyone took the update and still able to gain root access and Pageplus service with working 3g and mms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app
29th May 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextrickbell

I've been wanting to take the ota kit Kat version but scared if I take it I will loose root and my flash to Pageplus with 3g and mms working. have anyone took the update and still able to gain root access and Pageplus service with working 3g and mms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

You will lose root, unless you are bootloader unlocked then you can flash su easily. No idea about Pageplus service, depends how you enabled it originally..
29th May 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
So is it possible to unlock my bootloader then take the ota update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app
29th May 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextrickbell

So is it possible to unlock my bootloader then take the ota update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

You can't unlock your bootloader unless you have a dev device or XT925..if you don't have either of these then you'll have to wait until there is a method to keep root (if it's possible).
29th May 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #5  
iBolski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 436
 
1,338 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolloser

You can't unlock your bootloader unless you have a dev device or XT925..if you don't have either of these then you'll have to wait until there is a method to keep root (if it's possible).

Not entirely true. It you are on an XT926 non-dev device, you could still unlock the bootloader IF you haven't upgraded to any OTAs after version 9.16.6. If you've updated it via an OTA since that version, then no, you cannot unlock your bootloader. And downgrading back to 9.16.6 will not fix it. Once the OTA is applied, the exploit to unlock an XT926 is gone forever. It was the one and only chance of unlocking the phone. No other options exist unless Verizon allows it to be unlocked via the Motorola unlocker program, which I highly doubt will occur.

If you are still on 9.16.9 or earlier, then you can go here and try to unlock your bootloader -> http://vulnfactory.org/blog/2013/04/...der-unlocking/

You must be rooted in order to do this.

If you are on any of these versions, then you can no longer unlock your bootloader:

9.18.X
9.20.1
9.30.1
183.46.10 (KitKat)

Trying won't hurt anything. Worse comes to worse, you'll still have a locked bootloader. Best case scenario, you'll have an unlocked bootloader!

We've already had one success story since the OTA with a user who was able to unlock his bootloader, so you might be the same as long as you are on the version stated or earlier. He was and luckily, no later OTAs were applied, so he's now unlocked.
Last edited by iBolski; 29th May 2014 at 12:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank