Downgrade Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 from 4.3 to 4.1.2, is it possible

OP eryhaker598118

27th May 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Is it possible for me to downgrade my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 from 4.3 to 4.1.2 no root? Using a computer of course.
28th May 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,597

2,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryhaker598118

Is it possible for me to downgrade my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535 from 4.3 to 4.1.2 no root? Using a computer of course.

It is not possible to downgrade the Verizon Galaxy S3, attempting to do so can brick your device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 572

2,994 posts
Donate to Me
More
Theoretically, it probably is possible. It's been done on the AT&T version, which suffers from the same problem of the locked bootloader. You would have to be rooted, and use Mobile Odin, which does not install the bootloader. It should be possible to run a hybrid firmware with 4.1.2 OS and the 4.3 bootloader and modem (don't try to downgrade the modem) via this method. However, it's probably more risk than is necessary. IF you attempt to be brave and use this method, make sure to back up your EFS, because if you lose that, then something like the phone not booting will be the least of your worries. Would be advisable to have the 4.3 official firmware and Odin ready, in case it doesn't work out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=at%26t

I do not recommend this method, especially for those new to the Android and / or flashing world. Any attempt to do something like this is solely your risk and responsibility. I only provide the info of possibilities. I do not have a VZW S3 in front of me to try, nor would I probably bother if I did as the benefits do not outweigh the time and potential for trouble.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread