Post Reply

Stock 4.4.2 Bootloader?

26th May 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
muqali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Wanting to drop stock(latest) back onto my phone as the person buying it wants that. I want to say I remember reading I needed a newer bootloader for 4.4.2. I got my device on launch and got tired of waiting and went to CM11.

What if anything other than clearing data/cache and flashing the stock deodexed/rooted ROM would I need to do? If there is a bootloader, is it a separate odin file? or flashable .zip?
26th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 119
 
548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muqali

Wanting to drop stock(latest) back onto my phone as the person buying it wants that. I want to say I remember reading I needed a newer bootloader for 4.4.2. I got my device on launch and got tired of waiting and went to CM11.

What if anything other than clearing data/cache and flashing the stock deodexed/rooted ROM would I need to do? If there is a bootloader, is it a separate odin file? or flashable .zip?

If you're on 4.3 still you will have to Odin a stock 4.3 firmware on to the phone. You can not have a custom recovery on the phone so the Odin way will also replace the custom recovery with stock recovery. Then once your phone is stock, you can then take the update to 4.4.2

If I'm not mistaken, you should download the 4.4.2 fw and Odin that on you phone as well. Even though you are Odining your new fw, the phone must be fully stock or that update will still fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric214 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #3  
muqali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric214

If you're on 4.3 still you will have to Odin a stock 4.3 firmware on to the phone. You can not have a custom recovery on the phone so the Odin way will also replace the custom recovery with stock recovery. Then once your phone is stock, you can then take the update to 4.4.2

If I'm not mistaken, you should download the 4.4.2 fw and Odin that on you phone as well. Even though you are Odining your new fw, the phone must be fully stock or that update will still fail.

Well I was on 4.3 stock then went to Cyanogen 4.4.2. I've now got the deodexed/rooted stock 4.4.2 from the forum here and was able to boot it using leankernel. It works and the buyer is satisfied with it. He know how to flash updated ROMs so he can change later anyway. Thanks for the response though, I was thinking noone was gonna answer.
27th May 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #4  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bakersfield, California
Thanks Meter: 2,492
 
4,580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up re: latest stock rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by muqali

Wanting to drop stock(latest) back onto my phone as the person buying it wants that. I want to say I remember reading I needed a newer bootloader for 4.4.2. I got my device on launch and got tired of waiting and went to CM11.

What if anything other than clearing data/cache and flashing the stock deodexed/rooted ROM would I need to do? If there is a bootloader, is it a separate odin file? or flashable .zip?


If you want the newest/latest official stock N900T KitKat firmware why not do the following:

You need to download and Odin flash the official stock KitKat N900T NE6 firmware.
Here is the direct fast download link for it:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358537528
The above zip file also contains Odin, CF-Autoroot and TWRP 2.7.0.1 recovery.

Be sure to go into recovery before Odin flashing NE6 and do a factory data reset
and a full wipe. Optional: Then Odin flash cf-autoroot and the TWRP 2.7.0.1.

If you want more information and or instructions here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60&postcount=2

If you want the older official stock N900T 4.4.2 NB4 KitKat rom you can
download it from: http://tekunix.com/downloads/TMB-N90...0305155920.zip
and Odin flash it instead of the stock NE6 official N900T firmware.


Both the older and newer official Kitkat stock roms come with the required bootloaders/baseband.

Good luck!
Last edited by Misterjunky; 27th May 2014 at 06:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterjunky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #5  
muqali's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95
 
620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky

If you want the newest/latest official stock N900T KitKat firmware why not do the following:

You need to download and Odin flash the official stock KitKat N900T NE6 firmware.
Here is the direct fast download link for it:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358537528
The above zip file also contains Odin, CF-Autoroot and TWRP 2.7.0.1 recovery.

Be sure to go into recovery before Odin flashing NE6 and do a factory data reset
and a full wipe. Optional: Then Odin flash cf-autoroot and the TWRP 2.7.0.1.

If you want more information and or instructions here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...60&postcount=2

If you want the older official stock N900T 4.4.2 NB4 KitKat rom you can
download it from: http://tekunix.com/downloads/TMB-N90...0305155920.zip
and Odin flash it instead of the stock NE6 official N900T firmware.


Both the older and newer official Kitkat stock roms come with the required bootloaders/baseband.

Good luck!

So clear data/factory reset and clear cache in recovery. Reboot into download and flash NE6, then cf-autoroot, then TWRP? I didn't see you say exactly when to flash NE6.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes