Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 35,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installed Safestrap - stuck on boot

Tip us?

forwardthinking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installed Safestrap - stuck on boot

I installed Safestrap on my MJ9 build but onto one of the rom slots. Didn't realize this wasn't what you do as it's not listed anywhere in the OP. Now I'm getting to the recovery/continue screen but both options just take me to a black screen where I have to pull my battery. What are my options at this point? Is there anyway to recover my backup I made through recovery? Just getting back to stock 4.3 at this point would be a start.

xnatex21
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardthinking View Post
I installed Safestrap on my MJ9 build but onto one of the rom slots. Didn't realize this wasn't what you do as it's not listed anywhere in the OP. Now I'm getting to the recovery/continue screen but both options just take me to a black screen where I have to pull my battery. What are my options at this point? Is there anyway to recover my backup I made through recovery? Just getting back to stock 4.3 at this point would be a start.
You need to re-image with ODIN more than likely. If you put your backup on an SD card you may be able to go back to it once you ODIN, root, install safestrap and install the recovery again. Good luck!