Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Two ROMs trying to load at once?

Tip us?

If it's a potato...
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Two ROMs trying to load at once?

Hi!

This is my first time ever posting here and although I've found some topics relating to my issue, none have helped me out.

My problem:

I downloaded an app called Flashify.
From the app, I downloaded android 4.4 KitKat because I wanted to update my ROM.
When I booted my phone into recovery (stock <3e>), I clicked on install from SD card, installed the .zip file but I got an error...

It read:

"E:failed to verify whole-signature"
"E:signature verification failed"
"E:update fail and delete temp files"
"formatting /cache..."
Instalation aborted.

Now, if I try to set up my phone again, I'll get as far as the welcome screen and it will always say:

"Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped."

Please help.
I've tryed everything and I can't get rid of that error!
Thank you

If it's a potato...
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh by the way, I forgot to give some details

The phone is a Huawei Ascend g330 U8825-1
Android 4.0.4 ICS
Rooted
Running stock everything (or at least it was...)
The file I tryed to install is called: "gapps-kk-20140105-signed-4.4.zip"

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 460

DONATE TO ME
Did you even look at a guide on how to update your phone? Actually, I am quite sure you didn't or else you completely misunderstood everything you read. Neither is a good thing when trying to do something complicated like updating your phone unofficially.

1) You can't install a custom rom with stock recovery.
2) You didn't even download a rom - those are the Google Apps that are to be installed along with a custom rom like CyanogenMod.
3) You have to unlock the bootloader to install the custom recovery that will allow you to install updates not signed directly by Huawei.

I suggest you read through this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198908

There are links in the later pages to a version of 4.4.2 from the Modaco forums, as well as links to the original firmware, which you will probably need to re-install if a factory reset doesn't help.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

If it's a potato...
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Did you even look at a guide on how to update your phone? Actually, I am quite sure you didn't or else you completely misunderstood everything you read. Neither is a good thing when trying to do something complicated like updating your phone unofficially.

1) You can't install a custom rom with stock recovery.
2) You didn't even download a rom - those are the Google Apps that are to be installed along with a custom rom like CyanogenMod.
3) You have to unlock the bootloader to install the custom recovery that will allow you to install updates not signed directly by Huawei.

I suggest you read through this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198908

There are links in the later pages to a version of 4.4.2 from the Modaco forums, as well as links to the original firmware, which you will probably need to re-install if a factory reset doesn't help.
I'm new to all of this and I thought that the app that I downloaded could do it all in one operation.
I wanted to take a chance and see would happen, thinking that any consequences that may occur, could be fixed with a factory reset.
Thanks for the link and the advice.
I'll have a read, now
Is it a serious problem or is there any way to fix it?
I tryed unlocking the Bootloader in DC-Unlocker but to no avail.