Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi of delay wakelock

Tip us?
 
Robi959
Old
#1  
Robi959's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 637
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Default Wifi of delay wakelock

Can anyone tell me what is this wififodelay wakelock, and block before sleep ? Thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401232585592.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	2766531
Device: LG G2
ROM: stock 4.4.2 20B
Kernel: stock
 
Sfkn2
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 871
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
It's your Wi-Fi constantly scanning.

Sent from my Nexus 4, while driving in my Evo9.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sfkn2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Robi959
Old
(Last edited by Robi959; 28th May 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
#3  
Robi959's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 637
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfkn2 View Post
It's your Wi-Fi constantly scanning.

Sent from my Nexus 4, while driving in my Evo9.
Is there any way to turn this off ?
In settings of wifi i have turned off network wifi notification, and to turn off if not connected. But same wakelock is here
Device: LG G2
ROM: stock 4.4.2 20B
Kernel: stock
 
Sfkn2
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 871
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi959 View Post
Is there any way to turn this off ?
In settings of wifi i have turned off network wifi notification, and to turn off if not connected. But same wakelock is here
Your Wi-Fi scans because it's on, just like Bluetooth. There are two ways to reduce the battery usage. First, set your phone to be on static IP on the network. Secondly, adjust how often it scans (rooted devices only).

Sent from my Nexus 4, while driving in my Evo9.
 
geoff5093
Old
#5  
geoff5093's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 939
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Goffstown, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi959 View Post
Is there any way to turn this off ?
In settings of wifi i have turned off network wifi notification, and to turn off if not connected. But same wakelock is here
Is the wireless actually enabled though? The only option I can think of when you say "turn off if not connected" is the option to disconnect if the internet is unavailable. In this case, you aren't connected but the wireless is still scanning for networks. You need to toggle WiFi off completely.
 
Robi959
Old
#6  
Robi959's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 637
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
Is the wireless actually enabled though? The only option I can think of when you say "turn off if not connected" is the option to disconnect if the internet is unavailable. In this case, you aren't connected but the wireless is still scanning for networks. You need to toggle WiFi off completely.
8 hours on battery. All time on wifi in home signal always full, and 11 minutes that wakelock i don't get it what is causing this problem.
Blockbeforesleep is 1 minute 30 seconds.
Device: LG G2
ROM: stock 4.4.2 20B
Kernel: stock
 
Robi959
Old
#7  
Robi959's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 637
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Anyone ?
Device: LG G2
ROM: stock 4.4.2 20B
Kernel: stock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...