Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GTP113 Rooted w/SlimKat no "Ok Google"?

Tip us?

nex4fanboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] GTP113 Rooted w/SlimKat no "Ok Google"?

I've installed the Google Now Launcher and microphone icon is perpetually "empty." Checked that hotword detection was enabled in settings as well. I had Nova Launcher installed pre-wipe/root/flash to SlimKat and for some reason it remains in the icons list and I can't get rid of it. Not sure if related to the issue. Thanks!

lokesh.3440
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by nex4fanboy View Post
I've installed the Google Now Launcher and microphone icon is perpetually "empty." Checked that hotword detection was enabled in settings as well. I had Nova Launcher installed pre-wipe/root/flash to SlimKat and for some reason it remains in the icons list and I can't get rid of it. Not sure if related to the issue. Thanks!
do you have google search installed ? If yes, check whether it is configured properly. Open it and keep on pressing next until you see google now.
Tell me the feedback afterwards.
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks

nex4fanboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh.3440 View Post
do you have google search installed ? If yes, check whether it is configured properly. Open it and keep on pressing next until you see google now.
Tell me the feedback afterwards.
I've done all of that already, still the same microphone that isn't filled in and therefore isn't listening.