Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to apply nova fusion mods to my S3 Mini

Tip us?

skylife
Old
(Last edited by skylife; 29th May 2014 at 02:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service How to apply nova fusion mods to my S3 Mini

Hi there, im super new
I just want to ask you guys, i downloaded a cyanogenmod 11.0 from NovaFusion for my phone. I downloaded it form my pc, but do i use my USB to transfer my downloaded stuff to my phone and should i put it in the SD card or the Device?

I just need a super detailed explanation on how to apply this MOD....PLease help.:go od:

::IM ROOTED::

GXGOW
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Location: /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylife View Post
Hi there, im super new
I just want to ask you guys, i downloaded a cyanogenmod 11.0 from NovaFusion for my phone. I downloaded it form my pc, but do i use my USB to transfer my downloaded stuff to my phone and should i put it in the SD card or the Device?

I just need a super detailed explanation on how to apply this MOD....PLease help.:go od:

::IM ROOTED::
It's not hard at all. First, you have to backup all of your stuff on your phone (the easiest way is through recovery mode, if you already have flashed a custom recovery).
Then you have to perform a factory reset (this will delete EVERYTHING, so make sure you made a backup before this step). You also have to do this through recovery (in CWM recovery, there is an option available. In TWRP, you'll have to select wipe and there you can do a factory reset).
And finally, you can flash the zip file by selecting 'install' through recovery and selecting the zip file you want to flash.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running Novafusion's Carbon 4.4.2

skylife
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXGOW View Post
It's not hard at all. First, you have to backup all of your stuff on your phone (the easiest way is through recovery mode, if you already have flashed a custom recovery).
Then you have to perform a factory reset (this will delete EVERYTHING, so make sure you made a backup before this step). You also have to do this through recovery (in CWM recovery, there is an option available. In TWRP, you'll have to select wipe and there you can do a factory reset).
And finally, you can flash the zip file by selecting 'install' through recovery and selecting the zip file you want to flash.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them

So i have too back up everything using Titanium backup? But if i factory reset wont it delete titanium backup too?

GXGOW
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Location: /storage/sdcard1/Europe/Belgium/East-Flanders/Hamme
Quote:
So i have too back up everything using Titanium backup? But if i factory reset wont it delete titanium backup too?
You'll have to perform a nandroid backup through recovery mode. Did you already flash a custom recovery?

eswarvf
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Hey since you are new you must read forum rules, here you need to figure it out by yourself. Read everything from thread use google or search here and read some beginers guides ok
Need some apps from other devices please view this guy's thread
Read This FAQ Before Asking anyone [newbies][only sIII mini]
Devices

SIII Mini - Carbon Rom Novafusion
Nokia X - Lewa OS
Htc one S - Old Stock [Waiting for windows 7]
Moto E - Stock