Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RUU/KitKat/Sense 5.5/Pre-rooted/S-OFF only!

Tip us?

aaronpw0621
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_works View Post
RUU newbie question(s): I restored some time ago to this RUU: RUU_M7_2.10.605.1_DECRYPT.zip.

I flashed it, set stuff up, and made a nandroid of it. It's rooted as well.

If I restore that nandroid, can I take the pending OTA?

If I do restore it and take the OTA, will that affect me in terms of being rooted/S-off?
You need to relock bootloader. To be able to get a unlock token from HTC dev you need to be SuperCid.

In Fastboot type : fastboot oem writecid 11111111
After that flashes type : fastboot reboots boot loader

Then check cid , type: fastboot getvar cid. It should come back as 11111111.

Now go to htcdev.com and follow instructions exactly to get unlock token. You will need this to re-unlock bootloader after flashing RUU.

Once you have unlocktoken you can relock by typing fastboot OEM lock.

Flash RUU, install latest SuperSu onto internal SD. Flash latest recovery. Then you can flash SuperSu from recovery. And that should be it
I'm down with the SIXness

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpw0621 View Post
You need to relock bootloader. To be able to get a unlock token from HTC dev you need to be SuperCid.

In Fastboot type : fastboot oem writecid 11111111
After that flashes type : fastboot reboots boot loader

Then check cid , type: fastboot getvar cid. It should come back as 11111111.

Now go to htcdev.com and follow instructions exactly to get unlock token. You will need this to re-unlock bootloader after flashing RUU.

Once you have unlocktoken you can relock by typing fastboot OEM lock.

Flash RUU, install latest SuperSu onto internal SD. Flash latest recovery. Then you can flash SuperSu from recovery. And that should be it
For what it's worth I did at least three ota updates on my m7 yesterday while unlocked. Stock recovery and untouched system partition. I have NEVER I repeat never relocked this m7. RUU and otas included.

jcolmar
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Need help! So when i rooted and s-off my M7 I install the rumrunner hboot 1.54 and its on 4.4.2 sense 5.5. I want to use to ruu to get the update but when i goto fastboot the computer cannot read fastboot mode. Can read device when on normally but when i goto fastboot no go please help.

dottat
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 753

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolmar View Post
Need help! So when i rooted and s-off my M7 I install the rumrunner hboot 1.54 and its on 4.4.2 sense 5.5. I want to use to ruu to get the update but when i goto fastboot the computer cannot read fastboot mode. Can read device when on normally but when i goto fastboot no go please help.
So each mode the phone is in will have a different driver installed installed in device manager under windows. You need to find whatever wrong device type it shows up in device manager as and get it switched over to the correct driver. Also, there's a newer sense 6 RUU available now so you don't need the one in this thread if you just want to RUU up.
Tags
htc m7, ruu, vzw htc one