Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Jailbroken RT8.0 - Can I enable Autoupdate again?

Tip us?

culinari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Jailbroken RT8.0 - Can I enable Autoupdate again?

Hi everybody!

I have a Asus TF600tg with a jailbroken Windows RT 8.0. At the time I installed the jailbreak it was recommended to disable all automatic updates. My question now is if this is still recommended? Can I enable it again without invalidating the jailbreak or will autoupdate upgrade to RT8.1 immediately?

Thanx and regards
culinari

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
I put all my devices on manual update (jailbroken Surface RT being no exception, for all that it wasn't possible to set that option in the UI). However, I've been able to install all the updates no issue. 8.1 remains an optional update, not an automatic one, so far as I can tell.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

domboy
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I never disabled auto-update on my Surface RT, and so far no update has broken the jailbreak. As mentioned above, the 8.1 upgrade is something you have to manually initiate via the windows store, thankfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to domboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

culinari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just installed all updates (82 in total ) and the Jailbreak is still working fine. To be safe I disabled auto update again afterwards.

Regards and thanx
culinari