Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Jailbroken RT8.0 - Can I enable Autoupdate again?

OP culinari

29th May 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everybody!

I have a Asus TF600tg with a jailbroken Windows RT 8.0. At the time I installed the jailbreak it was recommended to disable all automatic updates. My question now is if this is still recommended? Can I enable it again without invalidating the jailbreak or will autoupdate upgrade to RT8.1 immediately?

Thanx and regards
culinari
29th May 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,862 posts
More
I put all my devices on manual update (jailbroken Surface RT being no exception, for all that it wasn't possible to set that option in the UI). However, I've been able to install all the updates no issue. 8.1 remains an optional update, not an automatic one, so far as I can tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

83 posts
I never disabled auto-update on my Surface RT, and so far no update has broken the jailbreak. As mentioned above, the 8.1 upgrade is something you have to manually initiate via the windows store, thankfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to domboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I just installed all updates (82 in total ) and the Jailbreak is still working fine. To be safe I disabled auto update again afterwards.

Regards and thanx
culinari
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread