Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
Post Reply

Looking for new replacement EB20 battery.

29th May 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
IanPPK's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?
29th May 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #2  
Arjomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPPK

I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?

The 1,780 mAh one is the stock for us, but you should go for the razr Maxx Battery (EB40) It's 3200 mAh and is way better than stock one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arjomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #3  
IanPPK's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD
Last edited by IanPPK; 30th May 2014 at 02:17 AM.
30th May 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPPK

Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD

Ian, I fix phones as a hobby. I fix everything from the easily fixable Note IIs, to the impossible to open HTC Ones (M7 and M8).

So trust me when I say that if you know how to use a screwdriver and a pair of scissors you can can do this pretty easily. And if you are replacing the EB20 out, might as well stick the EB40 in there. Link is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906371

Basically, the only thing you need to be aware of is that you need to cut out some of the plastic to let the phone close up more or your speaker will not work.
16th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
TabascoTX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Floresville,Texas
Thanks Meter: 19
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPPK

I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?

Here ya go Bro, no case mod needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351046185923 They now have a 3030Mah in the smaller EB20 battery size.
Last edited by TabascoTX; 19th June 2014 at 07:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TabascoTX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #6  
IanPPK's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabascoTX

Here ya go Bro, no case mod needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351046185923 They now have a 3030Mah in the smaller EB20 battery size.

Long time, no post. Thanks, I am ordering one soon, and I also realized that a part of my prob was that my USB wall charger was "shot" so to speak. Again, thanks for the find.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
atrix hd, battery, eb20, replacement.
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes