Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for new replacement EB20 battery.

Tip us?

IanPPK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking for new replacement EB20 battery.

I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?

Arjomer
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPPK View Post
I recently received my mother's well conditioned, but long used Atrix HD. I have already unlocked boot loader and rooted, butthe battery is about had it. In 30 min of general use, I drain 20-30% battery, or more. I even lose charge while charging. I know how to replace the battery, but the batteries that I see on Amazon vary in brand and amperage. Is there any specific EB20 battery that I should go with, or is the amperage the only thing to look for?
The 1,780 mAh one is the stock for us, but you should go for the razr Maxx Battery (EB40) It's 3200 mAh and is way better than stock one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arjomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IanPPK
Old
(Last edited by IanPPK; 30th May 2014 at 02:17 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD

zerogun
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation on the MB40, didn't realize it was compatible, with a little modding. Although not my go to, that is definitely my backup plan.

Sent from my Atrix HD
Ian, I fix phones as a hobby. I fix everything from the easily fixable Note IIs, to the impossible to open HTC Ones (M7 and M8).

So trust me when I say that if you know how to use a screwdriver and a pair of scissors you can can do this pretty easily. And if you are replacing the EB20 out, might as well stick the EB40 in there. Link is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1906371

Basically, the only thing you need to be aware of is that you need to cut out some of the plastic to let the phone close up more or your speaker will not work.

TabascoTX
Old
(Last edited by TabascoTX; 19th June 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Here ya go Bro, no case mod needed. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351046185923 They now have a 3030Mah in the smaller EB20 battery size.
Tags
atrix hd, battery, eb20, replacement.