Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Location not found CM11 & pa_gapps_20140524

Tip us?

Shyamani
Old
(Last edited by Shyamani; 29th May 2014 at 05:15 PM.) Reason: Title and content correction
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Location not found CM11 & pa_gapps_20140524

I have read (and experienced) the failure of location issues with pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140524. Do we have any solutions to the issues? I am hoping someone has a solution which I have missed.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamani View Post
I have read (and experienced) the failure of location issues with pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140524. Do we have any solutions to the issues? I am hoping someone has a solution which I have missed.
Exactly what rom are you running?

Shyamani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default jcsullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
Exactly what rom are you running?
11-20140409-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
11-20140409-SNAPSHOT-jcsullins-tenderloin.
I'm currently on Milaq's latest and have also had problems, here is what I've done :
Installed PA micro Gapps so that map's isn't a system app. Then disabled automatic update in Google play and installed this version of maps https://app.box.com/s/xepi3tqyu06bc01l8q6y which works after that I manually updated on play which has worked. If it doesn't just uninstall the latest version and revert back to the one you dl from the box link.

I hope this helps.

Shyamani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Works, kind of.

Thank you, the apk you linked to works.

Unfortunately, manual update breaks it again. I can restore to the downloaded apk, no problem.

I still have problems with location(even with the linked apk) for other applications(weather, etc.) not getting location.

I am guessing this has something to do with 4.4.2 builds and their interaction with Google.

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Thank you, the apk you linked to works.

Unfortunately, manual update breaks it again. I can restore to the downloaded apk, no problem.

I still have problems with location(even with the linked apk) for other applications(weather, etc.) not getting location.

I am guessing this has something to do with 4.4.2 builds and their interaction with Google.
Sorry that didn't work for , you could make a backup of your current install and then see if Milaq's latest works for you as jcsullins rom I believe is based on Milaq's. That's what I ended up doing and am really pleased with it.
All the best and good luck.