No registration required

[Q] HTC One XL - ROM/Recovery Problems

OP Friezan

29th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello everyone! So here's the deal..

I recently bought an unlocked HTC One XL, which came installed with TWRP and AOKP. I noticed that the device performance was really slow and decided to erase some things. Problem is I deleted the ROM + Recovery. I have tried multiple times to install both recovery and image files. I know how to transfer files using fastboot, but there are a couple of problems:

1.) When I type in "adb devices" it doesn't say 'device not recognized' but instead it shows the apparent list of devices - which my XL is not in. This elevates the problem because I cannot just push files through adb, instead I am stuck on sending files through fastboot every single time.

2.) I have sent recovery.img's and my phone is stuck in "bootloop" - it just turns off and on in the same screen. When I try to access recovery from bootloader, this exact same problem of repetition happens. I can't change the state of the S-On.

3.) I'm still fairly new when it comes to ROM installation, but I wouldn't consider myself a complete retard either when it comes to this.

Phone State:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0000
RADIO-0.19as.32.09.11+2
OpenDSP-c28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Apr 2 2012,21:08:24

I don't think I bricked my device, though I might of have softbricked it. I know I messed up by deleting TWRP + AOKP, but I knew that it was (should've been) just as easy as flashing the files back into the phone. If anyone can help me by possibly providing ROMs and recovery files that actually work on boot it would be greatly appreciated.

** Update

I managed to install TWRP = Progress
Last edited by Friezan; 30th May 2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Forgot Important Information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread