Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Internal SD card not being read by phone.

Tip us?

Gnxela
Old
(Last edited by Gnxela; 28th May 2014 at 11:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Drive Internal SD card not being read by phone.

So I recently decided to try and flash a custom ROM onto my phone. It all worked ok (I had originally flashed Cyanogenmod) but I decided to try out another ROM. so I proceeded to flash the latest Carbon nightly. This however did not go so well; most things were broken and so I decided to go to a previous backup of Cyanogen. This was when I noticed that my SD card was not working correctly. If I plug it into my laptop, I can view the SD card no problem. I have tried to revert to a backup but that didn't work. While I was trying to fix this by myself, in all my stupidity I wiped the SD card, thinking that it might fix it. Needless to say that I was wrong, and now I have lost all my backups but one (the on that I saved to my laptop).
So my question really is, what steps do I need to take in order to fix this. This is my first post so I don't know what information to give you. Please, if I have omitted any important information, tell me in a comment.

EDIT: I just realised that my camera and flashlight also do not work. But this might be a side affect.

Thank you to anyone who can help,
Gnxela

deepakramji
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnxela View Post
So I recently decided to try and flash a custom ROM onto my phone. It all worked ok (I had originally flashed Cyanogenmod) but I decided to try out another ROM. so I proceeded to flash the latest Carbon nightly. This however did not go so well; most things were broken and so I decided to go to a previous backup of Cyanogen. This was when I noticed that my SD card was not working correctly. If I plug it into my laptop, I can view the SD card no problem. I have tried to revert to a backup but that didn't work. While I was trying to fix this by myself, in all my stupidity I wiped the SD card, thinking that it might fix it. Needless to say that I was wrong, and now I have lost all my backups but one (the on that I saved to my laptop).
So my question really is, what steps do I need to take in order to fix this. This is my first post so I don't know what information to give you. Please, if I have omitted any important information, tell me in a comment.

EDIT: I just realised that my camera and flashlight also do not work. But this might be a side affect.

Thank you to anyone who can help,
Gnxela
You say that u are able to view the sd card in computer. Copy the ROM zip of the previous cyanogenMod u were using and the relevant gapps to the sd card. Flash the ROM in the usual way and it shud work.. right...??

Gnxela
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakramji View Post
You say that u are able to view the sd card in computer. Copy the ROM zip of the previous cyanogenMod u were using and the relevant gapps to the sd card. Flash the ROM in the usual way and it shud work.. right...??
Hopefully, but I used a backup (before I wiped them) and it was still broken. I'll try what you have suggested anyway when I'm free. Thanks for the response.