Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Internal SD card not being read by phone.

OP Gnxela

28th May 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I recently decided to try and flash a custom ROM onto my phone. It all worked ok (I had originally flashed Cyanogenmod) but I decided to try out another ROM. so I proceeded to flash the latest Carbon nightly. This however did not go so well; most things were broken and so I decided to go to a previous backup of Cyanogen. This was when I noticed that my SD card was not working correctly. If I plug it into my laptop, I can view the SD card no problem. I have tried to revert to a backup but that didn't work. While I was trying to fix this by myself, in all my stupidity I wiped the SD card, thinking that it might fix it. Needless to say that I was wrong, and now I have lost all my backups but one (the on that I saved to my laptop).
So my question really is, what steps do I need to take in order to fix this. This is my first post so I don't know what information to give you. Please, if I have omitted any important information, tell me in a comment.

EDIT: I just realised that my camera and flashlight also do not work. But this might be a side affect.

Thank you to anyone who can help,
Gnxela
Last edited by Gnxela; 29th May 2014 at 12:32 AM.
29th May 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
Udumalpet
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnxela

So I recently decided to try and flash a custom ROM onto my phone. It all worked ok (I had originally flashed Cyanogenmod) but I decided to try out another ROM. so I proceeded to flash the latest Carbon nightly. This however did not go so well; most things were broken and so I decided to go to a previous backup of Cyanogen. This was when I noticed that my SD card was not working correctly. If I plug it into my laptop, I can view the SD card no problem. I have tried to revert to a backup but that didn't work. While I was trying to fix this by myself, in all my stupidity I wiped the SD card, thinking that it might fix it. Needless to say that I was wrong, and now I have lost all my backups but one (the on that I saved to my laptop).
So my question really is, what steps do I need to take in order to fix this. This is my first post so I don't know what information to give you. Please, if I have omitted any important information, tell me in a comment.

EDIT: I just realised that my camera and flashlight also do not work. But this might be a side affect.

Thank you to anyone who can help,
Gnxela

You say that u are able to view the sd card in computer. Copy the ROM zip of the previous cyanogenMod u were using and the relevant gapps to the sd card. Flash the ROM in the usual way and it shud work.. right...??
29th May 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakramji

You say that u are able to view the sd card in computer. Copy the ROM zip of the previous cyanogenMod u were using and the relevant gapps to the sd card. Flash the ROM in the usual way and it shud work.. right...??

Hopefully, but I used a backup (before I wiped them) and it was still broken. I'll try what you have suggested anyway when I'm free. Thanks for the response.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread