Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help moving big apps to my sd card.

OP Fma15

28th May 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I'm trying to move anomaly 2 to my sd card, but it doesn't work. When I go to the application manager I have the option to move it to my sd card, but when I try it takes forever and then at the end it says unable to move app. I have moved many apps this way, but this one wont move. The only difference I can think of is the size of the app, anomaly 2 is 1.8gb which is the biggest game I have. I am using kitkat 4.4.2, and I am also rooted (this problem happened before I rooted though.)
x102x96x
28th May 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fma15

I'm trying to move anomaly 2 to my sd card, but it doesn't work. When I go to the application manager I have the option to move it to my sd card, but when I try it takes forever and then at the end it says unable to move app. I have moved many apps this way, but this one wont move. The only difference I can think of is the size of the app, anomaly 2 is 1.8gb which is the biggest game I have. I am using kitkat 4.4.2, and I am also rooted (this problem happened before I rooted though.)

You cannot move data app to sd-card
it s just for .apk
it means system install it on sd-card but Data will remains in internal memory

But do u use built-in app manager or another app?

28th May 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x102x96x

You cannot move data app to sd-card
it s just for .apk
it means system install it on sd-card but Data will remains in internal memory

But do u use built-in app manager or another app?

I don't mind if I cant move the data, I just want to move the huge app from my internal storage to my sd card. I used the built-in app manager.
x102x96x
28th May 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #4  

n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:

I don't mind if I cant move the data, I just want to move the huge app from my internal storage to my sd card. I used the built-in app manager.

IF "move to sd-card" option is available in built-in app manager but u cannot move it.
that can be bug in that app. ask other user of app or its developer

29th May 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

IF "move to sd-card" option is available in built-in app manager but u cannot move it.
that can be bug in that app. ask other user of app or its developer

Thanks, I didn't know it was up to the developer. I emailed the developer and unfortunately, I can't move it. Is there anyway to move it since my phone is rooted?
x102x96x
29th May 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #6  

n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:

Thanks, I didn't know it was up to the developer. I emailed the developer and unfortunately, I can't move it. Is there anyway to move it since my phone is rooted?

do say thanks hit it

cause it s on app the answer is NO.

if that was because of android system can use something like mount stick to mount sd-card with internal
(that is available on galaxy devices by default)

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:

do say thanks hit it

cause it s on app the answer is NO.

if that was because of android system can use something like mount stick to mount sd-card with internal
(that is available on galaxy devices by default)

That sucks. Thanks anyway though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, unable to move app
Previous Thread Next Thread