FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

NC2 back MJE

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By ShaunWinSC, Member on 28th May 2014, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can someone please point me to best instructions on how to revert NC2 back to MJE. And how to root MJE. Thanks
 
 
28th May 2014, 11:05 PM |#2  
barrackOBAMA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Go to android development section.

Find dutchdogg54 post with the firmwares.

Download the mje rooted odin file.
Or download the mje stock unrooted file.

Extract the file.

It will not be a .md5

Place the file in the pda section within the odin application (on computer)

*side note- do not press anything other than the pda button in odin. You will destroy your phone*


Put phone in download mode.

Make sure odin sees your phone in the COM ports and then you can hit start.

It will auto reboot. And you're good to go.


Odin versions do not matter
The Following User Says Thank You to barrackOBAMA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 01:09 AM |#3  
TToTT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrackOBAMA


Find dutchdogg54 post with the firmwares.


Here's that link...


The Following User Says Thank You to TToTT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 01:41 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thumbs up
Thanks, this clears things up.
29th May 2014, 05:24 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrackOBAMA

Go to android development section.

Find dutchdogg54 post with the firmwares.

Download the mje rooted odin file.
Or download the mje stock unrooted file.

Extract the file.

It will not be a .md5

Place the file in the pda section within the odin application (on computer)

*side note- do not press anything other than the pda button in odin. You will destroy your phone*


Put phone in download mode.

Make sure odin sees your phone in the COM ports and then you can hit start.

It will auto reboot. And you're good to go.


Odin versions do not matter

You said to download the "mje rooted odin file". I am unable to locate that file, do you have a link for that?
29th May 2014, 05:31 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunWinSC

You said to download the "mje rooted odin file". I am unable to locate that file, do you have a link for that?

It's listed here under Stock 4.3 Files.
29th May 2014, 06:39 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdnykon

It's listed here under Stock 4.3 Files.

"ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_l o w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" has root access already?
29th May 2014, 08:33 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunWinSC

"ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_l o w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5" has root access already?

As I did not post these files, you'd have to go to the source to find out. But from reading what it says in the thread, this is strictly a STOCK only version of 4.3. Unless it specifically states otherwise, I would take this to mean that this is NOT a rooted version of this stock file. Get in touch with dutchdogg54 to make sure, but I'm going to have to say no that it's not a rooted 4.3 rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes