Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more
Post Reply

My OTG Fix on unrooted 4.4.2 & earlier builds, Moto X link.

OP aviwdoowks

8th April 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

I have always had that when otg worked on jelly bean you used USB 1.1.1 it no longer shows the USB stick though after doing your mod. Here is what mine looks like

Did you install the apk?
8th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
I take it you are on 4.4?
8th April 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 213
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Yes I can't figure out why it doesn't work I followed the directions. But no joy.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What I meant is I have always had that USB option

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Wait I see that the permissions are different on yours let me try something
8th April 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

Yes I can't figure out why it doesn't work I followed the directions. But no joy.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What I meant is I have always had that USB option

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Wait I see that the permissions are different on yours let me try something

You only want install the apk if it is not present. If on a custom rom.
That may be your problem. Try restoring to a previous system?
8th April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 213
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

You only want install the apk if it is not present. If on a custom rom.
That may be your problem. Try restoring to a previous system?

No i didnt install the apk I already had it in my system I changed the permissions but did nothing. I going to mess around a little bit see if I can figure it out.
8th April 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150

No i didnt install the apk I already had it in my system I changed the permissions but did nothing. I going to mess around a little bit see if I can figure it out.

To all. Edit still need 422?
Please post a qc apk from 4.4 & 4.2.2 in the x thread please. I will put them in the op for some to use. The one I have is 442.
Last edited by aviwdoowks; 9th April 2014 at 08:57 AM.
29th May 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 519
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
OTG/usbdisk is /storage/usbdisk_1.1.1 in JB 4.2.2. on My Moto X DE, from any root filer. No stick mount needed. Has anyone checked 4.4?
29th May 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 44
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviwdoowks

OTG/usbdisk is /storage/usbdisk_1.1.1 in JB 4.2.2. on My Moto X DE, from any root filer. No stick mount needed. Has anyone checked 4.4?

Checked. Droid mini 4.2.2 and 4.4.0 OTG/usbdisk don't work only stickmount with root.

The Following User Says Thank You to mainbord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Droid Ultra General by ThreadRank