Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G MTP USB Problem- Fixed!

Tip us?

classic757
Old
(Last edited by classic757; 29th May 2014 at 10:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Default Moto G MTP USB Problem- Fixed!

Moto G Verizon CDMA version- xt1028:

I recently purchased a Verizon prepaid Moto G. Really like this phone. Big problem though, when I plug the phone into my Windows 7 64-bit HP laptop I cannot get the device to connect. I get a "Device driver was not successfully installed" error. In other words, MTP USB failed. I have Motorola Device Manager installed on my laptop. I have researched this issue on the internet and lots of people have experienced this problem, albeit with different phones and devices, but the same problem nevertheless. Some have found a solution and some have not. I have tried quite a few fixes, but to no avail. Still can't get my phone to connect.

It's funny though, because I can get my phone into fastboot mode with ADB on my laptop, and I even get the serial number for my phone on ADB. But phone does not follow commands in ADB. Only I get the "waiting for device" error and then after about five minutes the phone normal reboots.
What gives?
Anyone experiencing this with Verizon xt1028 or any Moto G?
Need help!

P.S. Okay guys, @mikesoftwiz has posted a fix for this problem, and it works! Check it out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366

Clarkiieh
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I had this issue, don't know what I really did to fix but I connected the phone to PC, and uninstalled device drivers for it.
As well as moto drivers in uninstall a programme. If that doesn't work I dont know how to help

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
A Problem Only Exists If There Is No Solution.
I'm That Solution
The Following User Says Thank You to Clarkiieh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

classic757
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh View Post
I had this issue, don't know what I really did to fix but I connected the phone to PC, and uninstalled device drivers for it.
As well as moto drivers in uninstall a programme. If that doesn't work I dont know how to help

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the reply. Found this thread by mikesoftwiz: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115366.
Tried it and it works!