FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] installing [ROM][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 - BETA1 [UNOFFICIAL] failed

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By moguai1978, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 11:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

my marvel BL is unlocked via htcdev. I've already installed CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.

Now I was trying to install the rom via cwm recovery and got the following messages:

-- Installing: /sdcard/cm-11-20140519-BETA1-marvel.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140519-BETA1-marvel.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any tipps what went wrong? Is it necessary to make the sd-card in special kind of formats or partitions?

Thanks for ur help in advice!

BTW: Got the rom from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735775

29th May 2014, 06:26 PM |#2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguai1978

Hello,

my marvel BL is unlocked via htcdev. I've already installed CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.

Now I was trying to install the rom via cwm recovery and got the following messages:

-- Installing: /sdcard/cm-11-20140519-BETA1-marvel.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140519-BETA1-marvel.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any tipps what went wrong? Is it necessary to make the sd-card in special kind of formats or partitions?

Thanks for ur help in advice!

BTW: Got the rom from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735775

Ofcourse it will fail. Change your recovery to either cwm 5.0.2.8 or philz or clockworkmod 6

Please read a bit before posting!! This has already been posted numerous times before!!
Anyways hit the thanks button!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hussey08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hussey08 Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 11:25 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussey08

Ofcourse it will fail. Change your recovery to either cwm 5.0.2.8 or philz or clockworkmod 6

Please read a bit before posting!! This has already been posted numerous times before!!
Anyways hit the thanks button!

Thanks a lot!

It works.

Believe me, I read multiple threads before. Had a lot of phones already rooted and installed custom roms before. This marvel just was bloody incredible. Never had so much trouble with unlocking the bootloader via htcdev, HBoot-Problems, Downgrade, Goldcard.

But now all in all it works and this rom seems to be really nice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)