Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Off App that doesn't lock phone

Tip us?

SouthBayBruin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Screen Off App that doesn't lock phone

Are there any apps that turn the screen off without locking the phone? I was using following app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock) to turn off my screen (so I did not have to reach for the power button) and it was working great until I added a pin to my lock screen.

Once I added a pin to my lock screen the app turns the screen off but instantly locks the phone even though I have a 30 minute delay set under lock screen security. My work email requires a lock screen through device administrator, so there is no way to get around this requirement.

Are their any apps that turn off the screen that simply follow the lock commands under security?

Thanks for the help

Shebee
Old
Thanks Meter 37
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBayBruin View Post
Are there any apps that turn the screen off without locking the phone? I was using following app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock) to turn off my screen (so I did not have to reach for the power button) and it was working great until I added a pin to my lock screen.

Once I added a pin to my lock screen the app turns the screen off but instantly locks the phone even though I have a 30 minute delay set under lock screen security. My work email requires a lock screen through device administrator, so there is no way to get around this requirement.

Are their any apps that turn off the screen that simply follow the lock commands under security?

Thanks for the help
Flash ElementalX Kernel or something similar with swipe to sleep or whatever it's called.
You can just swipe the bottom of your screen to turn it off.

Alternatively you could try Tasker app, and add a shortcut to the desktop or make a ask file.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk